DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to connect

Titaniumviper

Reactions
Hello I've had a quick search through the forum and on Google and can't find a definitive answer to this. I'm hoping someone can help.

Had my mavic about 18 months with no issues. However I'm on holiday and when I try to connected the app shows as discounted even through the controller is connected and ready to fly.

I've tried turning all the items off (phone, controller and drone) and still have the same issue. I've uninstalled the app, tried on another phone. Removed the SD card. Everything I can think of.

I thought maybe it was a faulty Cable but then noticed the phones are still being charged by it. So I'm at a total loss and would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Also tried using litchi and this is not connecting either. Firmware is upto date and no recent app update either.

Thanks

Reactions: Slade
Hello I've had a quick search through the forum and on Google and can't find a definitive answer to this. I'm hoping someone can help.

Had my mavic about 18 months with no issues. However I'm on holiday and when I try to connected the app shows as discounted even through the controller is connected and ready to fly.

I've tried turning all the items off (phone, controller and drone) and still have the same issue. I've uninstalled the app, tried on another phone. Removed the SD card. Everything I can think of.

I thought maybe it was a faulty Cable but then noticed the phones are still being charged by it. So I'm at a total loss and would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Also tried using litchi and this is not connecting either. Firmware is upto date and no recent app update either.

Thanks

Your cable may still be the culprit. Charging and data transfer are two completely different animals. Charging a battery is a relatively simple operation in as much as cables come into play. A charging cable in poor condition will, in most cases, continue to charge. However, transferring data is another story altogether. Quality data cables are shielded against stray electromagnetic pulses(rf from WiFi, microwave ovens, static electricity) to insure the signals not only transfer, but pass in their original state. A data cable with just a few broken strands may cause havoc with the flow of information. Try a proper cable. I've had great success with the Anker Pro line of cables(no I don't get anything for plugging Anker cables).

With the above in consideration, your problem could be caused by strong interference from a stray rf signal. A neighbor with an (illegal/dirty) amplifier on his WIFI/CB radio/GMRS can interfere with your signal.

Thanks
I switched to an Ankar Cable from Amazon. No connection issues whatsoever. ???

Reactions: Dr. Bill 1969
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk