DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Units in RC2 Flight Log

Neal W

Reactions
The issue is that my flight log on my new RC2 displays with distance in kilometers, while that same flight log in DJI Fly on my two iOS devices displays distances correctly in miles.

Somewhere in settings on the RC2, I have the units set to Imperial. And the units displayed in Device Management on my RC2 correctly display miles as distance flown.

Is there a fix? Or is this a bug in the RC2 software.

Thanks for the help,

Neal

The issue is that my flight log on my new RC2 displays with distance in kilometers, while that same flight log in DJI Fly on my two iOS devices displays distances correctly in miles.

Somewhere in settings on the RC2, I have the units set to Imperial. And the units displayed in Device Management on my RC2 correctly display miles as distance flown.

Is there a fix? Or is this a bug in the RC2 software.

Thanks for the help,

Neal
It's Android vs. iOS. It's an Android deficiency! The flight logs ignore the Fly app setting for distances. I believe all other Android devices are the same. Annoying! It's been that way for over a year at least!

It's Android vs. iOS. It's an Android deficiency! The flight logs ignore the Fly app setting for distances. I believe all other Android devices are the same. Annoying! It's been that way for over a year at least!

Yes.... I've also made several complaints regarding this. Using an Android device, RC Pro, and now RC 2. Same problem. Really annoying (at least to me).

But as you state its an Android deficiency, does this mean there is nothing DJI can do about it?

Many thanks.

Yes.... I've also made several complaints regarding this. Using an Android device, RC Pro, and now RC 2. Same problem. Really annoying (at least to me).

But as you state its an Android deficiency, does this mean there is nothing DJI can do about it?

Many thanks.
DJI is the only one who can fix fix it, as it is their code on Android. It's just a matter of getting them to prioritize fixing it. Took them over 18 months to fix the compass calibration that they broke on the RC Pro in January of 2022 . Then they broke it again! It was finally fixed again in an update about a month ago. I'm sure they will break it again in another update! LOL!

Best workaround for the metric Flight Logs is to sync your log files from your Android device with your DJI account, and then log into them from an iPad, set to Imperial units!

Reactions: StubbornSwiss
Assuming that the RC2 runs The Android OS, thanks for your explanatio.

Assuming that the RC2 runs The Android OS, thanks for your explanatio.
That's not an assumption.
All of DJI's remotes with built-in screens are Android devices.
They cannot run iOS. Apple would sue their pants off! LOL!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor