DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Up and away?

Is there a third party app that will accomplish this maneuver? I'd like to get some shots of myself canoeing on a lake and ideally I'd be paddling so a hands free shot would be best. I also want a shot directly overhead, straight down on me and rotating as it climbs in altitude. Can Lithici do this?

You can definitely accomplish this with the waypoint app on Litchi (and Autopilot, though I've never used AP). Set your point of interest (POI) on your present location, set the gimbal to "Focus POI" and heading to "custom". Create the first waypoint several feet away from you and the second basically along a line that projects from the POI and the first waypoint. I'd recommend maybe 150m away and 50m up (making sure there are no obstructions along this path)? Something like that. Set the cruising speed to 30 mph (50 kph) and you should get what you're looking for.

You could get even more creative and set a second POI higher up on the horizon that the gimbal and heading turns toward as it moves to waypoint 2. In this scenario you'd want to change the actions at each waypoint to point to POI 1 and 2 respectively and the camera will slowly pan up towards the horizon as you pull away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov