DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Up Your Game on April 27th @ 9:30 PM EDT

If thats it not much gimbal protection, doesn't look like the rc will hold an Mini I pad either. I'm not interested

If thats it not much gimbal protection, doesn't look like the rc will hold an Mini I pad either. I'm not interested

My thoughts exactly. That gimbal looks definitely naked!

The holder may extend to accommodate a Mini, but what would it do to the balance while holding it?

It looks about as safe as the Mavic 2 gimbals. Considering there isn't a large number of posts regarding Mavic 2 gimbal damage on this forum, it seems they must be safe enough. Perhaps a proven design being reused?

1587855699347.png

doesn't look like the rc will hold an Mini I pad either. I'm not interested
This guy don’t think it will for what it’s worth.
12103D9D-261C-45C4-A3DE-C4AE84785A12.jpeg

EWhjK9nWAAITuHW.jpg

Camera Specs.
BCF43171-511F-4018-B857-B60F04FD45B6.jpeg

EWlUhs5WkAEQwTN.jpg

New Air 2 looks pretty good... Is there an easy place to go for camera/sensor size comparisons between all of DJI's consumer drones? (basically Phantom and Mavic series drones)

Just adding the text description of the numbered components of the RC in msinger's post above

View attachment 98887

Overall, I like the new design; particularly the fact that the mobile device now is mounted up-top. I have a few issues with it though, some minor, some not so.

Minor
Not sure about the ergonomics of the RC, the folding arms on the current remote controller were good for grip. I see that DJI have added bumps that run along the left and right sides of this new RC; may be these would work, may be they may not.

I can't think of any good reason as to why they put the battery level indicator leds (4) at the bottom of the RC instead of top center, right above where the DJI logo resides would have been far better.

No Fn button? Humm, ...

Major
Where are the gimbal and exposure control wheels? Number 12 is right about where I would expect the gimbal wheel to be but it's described as "Stabilizer button". Question: What in the world is a "Stabilizer button" and what might it possibly do?
Will an ipad mini 5 fit in this new controller? Or if not, hopefully my samsung s10+ phone will work/be compatible?

I'm glad that this scheme allows use of your phone WITH the case ON.

I agree about not able to accommodate iPad...perhaps not even the iPad Mini. I think a third party will come up with something, if they haven't already
Yeah i originally didn't think it would allow a case on it but from watching that review that came out as soon as it was released i just watched again and he is using a case.
Yes someone will come up with a mod for the pads as we did with the P2's and Standard. Folks will just have to get one in their hands to figure it out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga