DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Up Your Game on April 27th @ 9:30 PM EDT

OK...... great. Looks like a good system!

Regarding this new controller.

Anyone have any idea where the antenna are?

I am curious if the phone holder will fit a IPad Mini? Anyone have specs on what size devices may work besides a standard phone? It will be interesting to see what the mount creators in the industry will come up with if one is needed for larger devices.
I believe I can modify my mount if needed. What about you guys?

Sign me up. I wish there was a preorder for the Air 2 and fly more. I just bought an Air 1 with fly more but will have to put aside for the 2

Reactions: MrEdCeD
I believe I can modify my mount if needed. What about you guys?
It will be easy to create some 3D printed add-on to fit some larger devices.
The other problem would be the cable length and connecter type that comes with the new controller. You need an adapter from USB-C to Apples Lightning connector to fit an iPad Mini.
Only the latest iPad Pro models come with a USB-C connector.

Reactions: Drone Master
The other problem would be the cable length and connecter type that comes with the new controller. You need an adapter from USB-C to Apples Lightning connector to fit an iPad Mini.
Your right. Most folks that are flying the Mavic Mini already use that cable format with new IOS devices.
It will be about length as you say. Many others have figured this out with the MM based on their setup.
I don’t see this controller being any different other than Its design. It will be about custom cable length for sure. I figure about a 12” cable should be more than adequate.

So are we to take it that the cable is fixed to the RC, and that other than with an adapter we are limited to using a device with a USB-C port?

So are we to take it that the cable is fixed to the RC, and that other than with an adapter we are limited to using a device with a USB-C port?
Unless proven otherwise by DJI - yes, we have to go with USB-C.

I highly doubt that would be the case. First, we are only certain about the USB port at the bottom of the RC; that is certainly a USB-C type. But the type of the RC connecting table isn't specified so we don't know anything for sure as yet. Second, there are still a lot of devices that do not have a USB-C port that are being used by the sUAV flying community; I don't think DJI would simply disregard this crucial fact. Third, and this is perhaps the most important bit, a fixed cable makes little design and engineering sense. Think about it, connecting cables get damaged and need replacing. A fixed cable would make disassembling the RC a necessity to just replace a damaged connecting cable.

I am more inclined to believe that the RC will have either a mini-USB or USB-C type port at the top probably around the red circle in the below diagram; and we will get a few cables with different ends as usual.
1587202786720.png

Price point expected for this guys? Wouild I be right in assuming around the $799 mark or more you think? They say comparable with the original Air but I havent been into drones that long so i'm guessing . $799 would seriosuly tempt me ....

I'm thinking more like $900 - 1000 for the base and $1100 - 1200 for the combo.

Of course any thing lower would be gladly welcome!

It wont be long now.

Last edited:
I just got the notification for this email as well. I forgot how fast my fingers could move until I saw them flying to log into my mail client hoping for a sneak peak at whats coming.

I could have come to MavicPilots and got the breaking news 15 minutes ago. I should have known if it has to do with DJI or drone news the information would be here!

Is it safe to guess at this point the highlight of the event will be the new Mavic / Air 2? To me it appears obvious to be the top of a new drone & the front props.
Already have M2 pro so won’t be buying mavic air2

Reactions: Radpuppy
EWQpChPXQAMCf3w.jpg

EWVWibkWAAA64N2.jpg

EWVWibsWsAA3mD_.jpg

EWdc1Y0UEAAf9Br.jpg

EWbEiLLWoAAS9FG.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Mxs
Looks fantastic... loved the way it followed him back Dodging round the tree branches ..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54