DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Up Your Game on April 27th @ 9:30 PM EDT

Pretty excited about this, would be upgrading from a Mavic Pro. Just need those camera specs. Anyone recall typical time between product announcement to product availability? Is it within a week typically or...? Perfect timing for people getting that Stimi money (and didn't get laid-off).

Nothing much to see yet, but DJI just posted this page on their website about an announcement on April 27th at 9:30 PM EDT. The Mavic Air 2 perhaps?

View attachment 98762
I Googled the term and got this link which says it's the Mavic Air 2 which is the small brother of Mavic 2 pro. The short video says it does;t have Occusync. They gave a price of $800 and $900 with the Fly More Combo. In case this is correct, I Weill just stay with my Mavic 2 Pro thank you very much.

This may be old news to all (but me) but I was just surprised to find out it DOES have Occusync 2 and there is actually two new models coming out. One with ADS-B and one without. Going to have a LOT more flight time, 360 obstacle avoidance & OC2, if the 799 for the base & 949 USD for the ADS-B model is true this is going to be nice.

I know I have heard that sound in the new Up Your Game video clip but I cant remember where.
The video I found on Google says NO OCCUSYNC.

"As some of the sites have noted, the picture from the FCC seem to indicate it will not have top sensors, so no 360 avoidance. We don't know about side sensors at the moment."

I apologize for this part of my statement. I am still unfamiliar with a lot of terminology and for some reason was associating "360 avoidance" on a horizontal plane. As in it could detect things from all things in a 360 horizontal rotation. I did not know the term included the addition of a top sensor. Like in a 360 pano compared to a sphere pano. Learning everyday and loving it!! :) The curves on the "up your game" invitation does not look like the same drone in the leaked pics to me.

"There is no confirmation on Occusync, but the rumors make it seem likely."

The original MA had wifi across eight channels while the MA2 FCC filings show 113 across 2.4 & 5.8 almost identical to the Mavic 2. Occusync 2.0 would be one of the almost certain things we know noe. Well that and I won't be able to buy one for a while. :)

Reactions: z28lt1
Sold my Mavic Air this morning, the plan was to then pick up a used Mavic 2..... But, now I am going to wait 11 days to see if this is the Air 2 and what it looks like. I am hoping that it folds up at least as compactly as the original Mavic Air.

Somewhat wish that the leaked pictures of a controller are not true, it looks pretty bad, but, as long as it functions well I won't complain (too much).

mavicair2-01-704x600.jpg
mavicair2-02-775x600.jpg
mavicair2-03-800x423.jpg
mavicair2-04-800x404.jpg
mavicair2-05-1140x460.jpg
mavicair2-06-800x349.jpg
mavicair2-07-360x600.jpg
EVxNEuFVAAEBCrN.jpg

Attachments

• mavicair2-01-704x600.jpg
    mavicair2-01-704x600.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 23
Just adding the text description of the numbered components of the RC in msinger's post above

1587118966806.png

Overall, I like the new design; particularly the fact that the mobile device now is mounted up-top. I have a few issues with it though, some minor, some not so.

Minor
Not sure about the ergonomics of the RC, the folding arms on the current remote controller were good for grip. I see that DJI have added bumps that run along the left and right sides of this new RC; may be these would work, may be they may not.

I can't think of any good reason as to why they put the battery level indicator leds (4) at the bottom of the RC instead of top center, right above where the DJI logo resides would have been far better.

No Fn button? Humm, ...

Major
Where are the gimbal and exposure control wheels? Number 12 is right about where I would expect the gimbal wheel to be but it's described as "Stabilizer button". Question: What in the world is a "Stabilizer button" and what might it possibly do?

I can't think of any good reason as to why they put the battery level indicator leds
Perhaps repeating the successful designs from their Phantom/Inspire/etc. line of drones?

Reactions: Drone Master
Perhaps repeating the successful designs from their Phantom/Inspire/etc. line of drones?
I don't know anything about the phantom or Inspire lines. All I am saying is it would be within in your field of view if it was at the top center of the remote instead of the bottom. Where it is now, you will have to glance down to look at it. Having said that, I will add that this being the RC battery level indicator, it really doesn't matter much anyway. The only time I check the battery level is when I am at home; to see if it needs charhing before I head out to fly. I don't recall checking it mid flight ever. So it is a minor gripe.

It might have been good to have had a neck strap attachment point between the logo and the flight mode switch.

But then again, maybe I'm too used to my regular RC transmitters!

New information about specs, new pictures...

DJI Mavic Air 2 manual leaks, 43mph, 48MP cam, more - DroneDJ

To me the new Air looks quite ugly compared to the original one, but who cares about the shape of the plastic when the specs are so good!

So the leaked Mavic Air 2 manual makes reference to 'How to download the DJI Fly app'.

Could this be correct? Or perhaps we are to expect a major update to the app, introducing features that would be redundant to the Mavic Mini?

Not sure what to make of this.

The only time I check the battery level is when I am at home; to see if it needs charhing before I head out to fly. I don't recall checking it mid flight ever.
Yep, me too. I'm assuming that most people do this very same thing.

That indicator has been in that location for a few years prior to the first Mavic release. Never saw anyone complain about it. If you decide to buy the Mavic Air 2, I think you will find it's just fine.

It might have been good to have had a neck strap attachment point between the logo and the flight mode switch.
Hard to tell, but there could be mounting points on the bottom of the remote controller -- like this:

1587164658457.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mupps64