DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update fails, SD isn’t recognized, gible NA

Oppop

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I didn’t use my mavic pro for half a year, and now when i turned it on, it asked me to update my drone. It failed to do so several times, i tried DJI Assisst and it failed at 44%. Now my mavic says it has no gimble and SD card is not recognized no matter what i do. Is this a firmware issue? Any suggestion?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I didn’t use my mavic pro for half a year, and now when i turned it on, it asked me to update my drone. It failed to do so several times, i tried DJI Assisst and it failed at 44%. Now my mavic says it has no gimble and SD card is not recognized no matter what i do. Is this a firmware issue? Any suggestion?

Thanks
I would recommend first installing the first update from your current software. Then the next until you are current. If that fails go through dji assist with a live one on one with a representative. They are pretty good and should be able to get you up and flying in no time. They have helped me out a couple of times, when i got really stuck. It will most likely be just a minor software issue

I connected with them and they couldn’t fix it too. They raised the ticket to their engineers.

Yes! A very similar issue. Everything working fantastic late last fall, everything has gone to hell this spring. I took it to the field and the first thing to happen is that DJI GO 4 application tells me that my SD card is not inserted (LIES!), would I like to use internal memory? After attempting a reset, eject and reinsert...still no SD card...FINE! I will just use the internal memory since I am 1 hour from home. Two minutes into the flight, sensor X failure, switching to sensor Y...sensor Y failure, switching to sensor X, loss of signal, blah blah blah. No problem kept on flying despite this garbage...why, because I've seen this behavior once before and I am fully capable of flying without sensors, lol.

It has to do with either the flight database not being current or the component not being up to date (battery/remote/aircraft). Which is it? I have no idea.

Solution. SD card is a quick fix pending you have a digital camera lying around. Insert your card in the DSLR or digital camera, select format card. Problem solved, the Mavic 2 Pro will recognize the SD card.
Next, use DJI Assistant on your computer and update everything again. Yes, I am aware you can format an SD card in a PC and a MAC but both fail every time. Something to do with the Mavic Pro 2 software, again, no idea why this happens.

There is something fishy going on with the Mavic 2 Pro's internal software/firmware check. Sometimes it detects out of date firmware and other times it does not. Turning a system on to check at my home results in everything being up to date and no update needed. When I take it to the field, all of a sudden it needs an update..too late/ignore. Then this is when it all gets crazy with IMU/sensor failures. It's ugly I tell you.

Best advice, if you can fly it for a few minutes before you leave your home. Any anomalies should show up rather quickly. Other than that, take a laptop with you and have the latest downloads ready for install through DJI Assistant...oh and lots of patience because inevitably, you're going to be challenged by the process.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noobie