DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updating Eagleview tablet to Android 13

If everything is working as it is, why bother at all?

Reactions: sarahb
I haven't got the tablet yet and thus haven't yet connected the tablet to my controller.

I only ask about the upgrade because the vendor has offered to upgrade the OS before shipping...

I'm always reluctant to update any OS to the latest version. Sometimes the updates are buggy. Other times they aren't compatible with 3rd party software.

I like to take update for security reasons. Even if there are no new features, if you plan to do more with the tablet than just fly, gotta have the latest security updates.

...I'm always reluctant to update any OS to the latest version.
Android 13 isn't the latest version... 14 is, which came in Oct.-23.

The main problem with OS updates comes from the apps you have, they usually needs a couple month to release their updates to get all to work... in this sense, android 13 should be risk free as it was released in Aug-22.

I use a Mavic, Mavic 2 and an Air 2s. I'm about to buy an Eagleview tablet.

What are the advantages, if any, to updating the Android OS to Android 13?
I bought an EagleView tablet a few weeks ago. I upgraded to Android 13.
1) you will be resetting the tablet and erasing EVERYTHING for the upgrade.
2) Android 13 recognizes/reads/writes my entire 512GB SD CardScreenshot_20240320-155448.png

I haven't got the tablet yet and thus haven't yet connected the tablet to my controller.

I only ask about the upgrade because the vendor has offered to upgrade the OS before shipping...

I'm always reluctant to update any OS to the latest version. Sometimes the updates are buggy. Other times they aren't compatible with 3rd party software.
If you are flying a Mavic 2E Zoom, the Pilot app will only work with Android 13 or less. DJI has no intend to fix the Android 14 issues with the Pilot App.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne