DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updating firmware to .800 is taking forever (SOLVED)

liquidxtc13

Reactions
Hey guys!

I'm currently installing the new .800 firmware but it seems to be running forever. Stuck at 99% for about 50 minutes now, update process already taking well over 90 minutes. Meanwhile the controller battery is down to 40% and the AC's battery down to 34% - and I'm worried that the batteries will fail before the update process has finished. The AC is on it's back to prevent it from overheating, fans are running and the back LED flashes, changing it's pattern from time to time.

Phone being used is a Nexus 5 with Android 7.0.1. The Go App is fully updated.

Any suggestions?
Cheers, Liquid

Prayers are in order.

Using my iPad Mini 4 it took less than 20 minutes after I booted the AC and RC in the keister to start the process. Sorry I can't offer more constructive help.

Hope it loads before the battery craps the bed

Stuck at 99% for about 50 minutes now, update process already taking well over 90 minutes.
It's probably done. Restart everything and double-check the firmware version in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO.

Mine was stuck at download 100% for a long time, had the same thoughts you have. Backed out of the app and then re-entered it and it was starting to install. Try that?

iPad Mini 4 was used.

Reactions: JHSlayer
Can't really back out of the app. It's telling me to please wait because the firmware is being updated.

Do you think it's alright to force close Go?

Can't really back out of the app. It's telling me to please wait because the firmware is being updated.

Do you think it's alright to force close Go?
I think it is quite safe to cancel app, if it not being active like you describe. Just try it again, if that fail...try the DJI Assistant (connected to your computer)?

I have found that updates often stall at 99%. I force the app to close and when restarted get a report that the upgrade was successful. Just one of those things.

Reactions: Kilrah
Thanks for the help guys! I force closed the app and then restarted RC and AC. Opening the app after that lead to the app not being able to connect to the AC. So I restarted everything again and voilá --> everything's fine!

Thank you all :)
Cheers and many happy landings!

Reactions: Garuda
Thanks for the help guys! I force closed the app and then restarted RC and AC. Opening the app after that lead to the app not being able to connect to the AC. So I restarted everything again and voilá --> everything's fine!

Thank you all :)
Cheers and many happy landings!
Glad it worked out for you!

Reactions: liquidxtc13
Since this is my first thread here, can I mark the thread as closed/solved somewhere or do I just add [SOLVED] to the title? Or do I just leave it the way it is? :-D

Reactions: Nikon1
Just leave it and it will either sink or be resurrected 2 months in the future.

Good Flying!

Reactions: liquidxtc13
First off, glad you got it sorted.

I think adding a (solved) at the end of the thred title is a plus for future ref. if you use the search function and don't want to go thru all the threds with simuler description, but can go straight to a possible answer.

First off, glad you got it sorted.

I think adding a (solved) at the end of the thred title is a plus for future ref. if you use the search function and don't want to go thru all the threds with simuler description, but can go straight to a possible answer.
Sound good, I totally agree with that Thumbswayup

Hey folks.... How is the new firmware? I a m using old old 4.0.7 app that work jest fine...using an old tablet. I keep it off line. I am about to take a long over seas trip to very remote regions (not much internet or wifi). I am planning to take another tablet and my phone as backups... there are running on 4.1.3....did that for the Spark which I am not taking... Any thoughts on .800 ? Is it running smoothly? I feel happy using the old app since it has been stable and fine... Thanks a lot!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan