DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UPS Drone Delivery

I’ll decline as I posted before on Amazon’s similar service threads. Sky is crowded enough and UPS drivers need to work.

Reactions: Jet skier
Exactly! When I passed my FAA Part 107 sUAS exam, there was no ambiguity that the pilot always has to maintain VLOS. So how will companies like Amazon and UPS get around this?

So one day UPSs drone is going to deliver my DRONE? What if I take my drone and keep UPSs drone too?

The last mile is the most expensive leg of the supply chain. Drones could make a significant difference toward a competitive advantage, but once everyone is in the air, the advantage disappears, and becomes a competitive requirement.
In addition, this could reduce the carbon footprint by reducing trucks wherever possible.

I suspect the BVLOS obstacle will be overcome by demonstration of computer controlled flight patterns.

Being that there is nothing we can do to fight for our slice of airspace, I hope that we at least gain BVLOS as a result of the development.

Exactly! When I passed my FAA Part 107 sUAS exam, there was no ambiguity that the pilot always has to maintain VLOS. So how will companies like Amazon and UPS get around this?

They are applying for a FAA waiver of that provision.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard