DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

US regulamentation

LucaB

Reactions
Hi everybody, I'll be in California in 3 weeks and would like to fly my mavic.

Here in Italy I obtained a patent from ENAC (our FAA) that give me the habilitation for flying, even for business purpose, any multicopter till 4kg.
Of course I have to check the environment surrounding me to be sure not to damage anything and specially injure anybody.

I'm wondering wherever I can fly in the US and witch kind of restriction you have.

Thanks,
Luca

The FAA website should give u a good idea. A lot of common sense rules (don't fly over 400', don't fly over people, stadiums, keep your drone within visual line-of-sight, etc.) I don't know if your business certification from Italy will be recognized here if you plan on using your drone here to make some money. Others on here may be able to chime in on that.

Some local authorities may have additional restrictions that are specific to their area. Plenty of members here from all over the USA so you may want to try to PM members from areas you plan to visit.

Good luck

The FAA website should give u a good idea. A lot of common sense rules (don't fly over 400', don't fly over people, stadiums, keep your drone within visual line-of-sight, etc.) I don't know if your business certification from Italy will be recognized here if you plan on using your drone here to make some money. Others on here may be able to chime in on that.

Some local authorities may have additional restrictions that are specific to their area. Plenty of members here from all over the USA so you may want to try to PM members from areas you plan to visit.

Good luck

Thanks so much man. Actually I mentioned that I can fly for business, but I would like to fly in the States just for fun and to bring back footage for my videos.

In my specific case, I'll be in Indio for Coachella.

Looks like you will be near Joshua Tree National Park. I don't believe you can fly there. But according to google maps looks like there is quite a bit of wide open space near Indio. Check out airmap app or one of the other apps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998