DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

US Retailers and stock

shorttimer

Reactions
Am wondering how many have decided to skip ordering from DJI until they get a feeling of honest reviews of ithe Mini 3 Pro and elected to wait and order from a US retailer instead. Especially after the Mavic 3 problems. I'm currently on the sideline as I have two Ai 2s and two Mini 2 as well as FPV and a number of others. But I see Amazon is now saying 29-Jun they will have stock as well as over on the DJI forums someone just said B&H is getting 1500 units on 29-Jun. so it sounds like around the end of Jun we could possibly start seeing them available from US retailers. This will give a chance to see if many of the issues being noted now are real issues. Myself, am in no rush...

Reactions: jeffy351
Well, at first I was excited about this new drone, and was pretty close to pulling the trigger....UNTIL I started seeing all the reports about the crappy range of the new RC controller. Going to occusync 3, I thought range would be improving a little, not regressing! It's quite disheartening. I believed they dropped the ball when designing the new remote. Maybe they should have kept an external antenna. It seems like DJI just rushed another sub-par drone out to take advantage of all the drone addicts out there.

They add a few new features in hopes of us overlooking the disadvantages of this drone.

Anyway, I am waiting to see if DJI fixes the range. (not holding my breath.) I'm not buying a drone that can't go at least a mile and maintain FULL strength.

But, if I do decide to buy, I'll wait for it to hit Best Buy's shelves.

I usually get my drones from B&H. No hurry. Plus it gives me a month for other reviews to come in and I can decide whether to cancel or not.

Good range where this guy lives. Wonder if he was using the standard or plus battery?

Interesting video (for data points) but why are so many Youtubers always so annoying and obnoxious? I guess Tcktock (sp) is even worse. My granddaughter forced me to watch some of her stuff. LOL

Am wondering how many have decided to skip ordering from DJI until they get a feeling of honest reviews of ithe Mini 3 Pro and elected to wait and order from a US retailer instead. Especially after the Mavic 3 problems. I'm currently on the sideline as I have two Ai 2s and two Mini 2 as well as FPV and a number of others. But I see Amazon is now saying 29-Jun they will have stock as well as over on the DJI forums someone just said B&H is getting 1500 units on 29-Jun. so it sounds like around the end of Jun we could possibly start seeing them available from US retailers. This will give a chance to see if many of the issues being noted now are real issues. Myself, am in no rush...
I was hot on ordering one, but the more that I thought about it, the more I began leaning toward the Mavic 3 so I picked a Fly More version of the 3 yesterday. I've been thinking about having a capable drone that is a bit more transportable than my Inspire 2 X5s , but in the end I decided that the Mini 3 might just be a bit too light for my work.

Good range where this guy lives. Wonder if he was using the standard or plus battery?
What an ant hill...where was this video shot?

Doesn't seem like the DJI RC has any serious range limitations to me....

From what I have seen, the range tests with shorter range have been coming from EU where there is a limitation on signal strength. I haven't checked with Old Man Mavic. He has lots of info. I personally don't care about distance tests as much as not losing the signal at closer ranges going around a large water tower with other radio signal interferences.

Reactions: Torque
From what I have seen, the range tests with shorter range have been coming from EU where there is a limitation on signal strength. I haven't checked with Old Man Mavic. He has lots of info. I personally don't care about distance tests as much as not losing the signal at closer ranges going around a large water tower with other radio signal interferences.
I had that same thought.

The FAA has adopted 2 km as the de facto distance at which the FAA presumes that you are flying BVLOS, and I think that's a good edge to define. For that reason, I've adopted 2 km as my maximum flight distance. I'm only dimly interested in range capability beyond that.

My Mini-2s can go that far in a very limited number of directions, while staying within the 400 ft AGL cap. A canyon will impose that kind of constraint.

My DJI FPV, with it's Occusync 3, can go considerably farther than that...but not with me flying it!

:cool:

• Haha
B&H just sent me notice it has no stock of Mini 3, spare batteries or CPL filters. SO as much as I would like to order one from a US company, it appears many major players don't have anything yet.

B&H just sent me notice it has no stock of Mini 3, spare batteries or CPL filters. SO as much as I would like to order one from a US company, it appears many major players don't have anything yet.
Actually AFAIK reading many forums and groups no "players" other than DJI have or had them for delivery in the US and if Amazon (US) doesn't till at least end of June or later per their email of 2 days ago on my other order it's sadly likely no one else will. 😕

Reactions: TheRock
Generally not available in USA except direct from DJI, looks like end of June is when they should start flowing. Amazon says "to be released" June 29 so they won't be shipping them until after that (how long after that? We will see).

I've been hoping that once they are available in volume (July? August? September?), Costco will have them. FWIW Costco has (or at least had) a Mini 2 kind of "Fly (A Little) More" package that was a bit less expensive than what Amazon has/had. Maybe they will do something similar with the M3P, but they (Costco) are typically late to sell popular new electronics. My guess is Costco won't have the M3P until the Fall (maybe pre-Xmas timeframe).

It's going to be a while until retailers see stock. I ordered from DJI on the 10th. Just arrived yesterday. I got lucky and the aircraft and two FMK+'s arrived together. Getting plus batteries is going to take even longer I think.

Who remembers the similar craziness when the original Mavic Pro was introduced? People were following their FedEx flights on live radar tacking and tracking the FedEx trucks around their neighborhood. They were selling on eBay for 3 times their original price. To order one from DJI you were looking at months then all of a sudden, the Apple stores were full of them. Some agreement they had with DJI. I went down to my Apple store and sure enough they had stock.

Right now it appears some retailers will get stock the 29th which is 3 weeks away but who knows. But if DJI currently has stock. being it is tech, they will move them, get them into the hands of the retailers. But if they don't have stock... It makes no difference to me as I have no interest in the Mini Pro 3 at this time. Just following along to see how well it is performing.

SO DISAPPOINTED IN DJI AND BEST BUY ,WHO THE HELL WANTS TO WAIT 2 EFFING MONTHS FOR ANYTHING ,WHY IS IT THE us IS ALWAYS THE LAST COUNTRY TO GET DJI PRODUCTS

SO DISAPPOINTED IN DJI AND BEST BUY ,WHO THE HELL WANTS TO WAIT 2 EFFING MONTHS FOR ANYTHING ,WHY IS IT THE us IS ALWAYS THE LAST COUNTRY TO GET DJI PRODUCTS
I'm just up the road from you. I ordered from DJI on May 10th. Mini 3 Pro with FMK+ arrived Thursday. Ordered another FMC+ on the 20th and it made it with the first order. With popular releases from DJI, ordering direct is always your best bet.

Best Buy is going to be waiting for quite a while to see stock.

Firat of all I have no plans on ordering one as I have too many to fly now. But I am guessing the 1st part of July other retailers will have them available. There is a chat log on the DJI Forum and Best Buy said they will have stock 21-Jun. But that could be a ploy to get orders as Amazon has said for the last couple weeks they will have stock on the 29-June and taking preorders. Also, somewhere a B&H customer was told they would have stock on the 29th. One thing for certain, with all the issues being noted I would either order from a brick and mortar where I can walk in or a place like Amazon, B&H, etc that have excellent return policies. I bought my 2nd Air 2S and 2nd Mini 2 from Costco just because I liked them both so much. So I might just wait and get it if it is ever available at Costco as, again, they have a most excellent return policy. But they don't get them until they have been out for awhile. But for me there is absolutely no rush in getting the Mini 3 Pro.

Generally not available in USA except direct from DJI, looks like end of June is when they should start flowing. Amazon says "to be released" June 29 so they won't be shipping them until after that (how long after that? We will see).

I've been hoping that once they are available in volume (July? August? September?), Costco will have them. FWIW Costco has (or at least had) a Mini 2 kind of "Fly (A Little) More" package that was a bit less expensive than what Amazon has/had. Maybe they will do something similar with the M3P, but they (Costco) are typically late to sell popular new electronics. My guess is Costco won't have the M3P until the Fall (maybe pre-Xmas timeframe).
I've purchased both a mini 2 and a air 2s from Costco. Neither became available until months after the US launch. My guess is that you'll be lucky to see a Costco package for Christmas this year. But heck you might be lucky enough to see a package for Black Friday? (hopefully for your sake I'm wrong - too pessimistic.)

For those who have yet to order, Crutchfield has a 60 day return policy. They are currently taking pre-orders. I think this is where I'll be buying one from.

Reactions: Stach
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh