DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Used goggles for the first time...and they blew my mind!

Lapeer20m

Reactions
WOW!

I took a drone training course to pass part 107. The instructor had nearly every modern dji drone and accessory on hand for us to fly.

I played with a matrice 210, matrice 600, mavic, a series of phantoms, inspire. We used flir camera, dropped a life jacket to a simulated drowning victim, performed search and rescue operations etc.

It was a great class.

At the very end, I tried the goggles with a mavic and gimball head tracking. I have flown over 100 miles with mavic but this was my first experience with goggles.

Absolutely blew my mind. The head tracking completely sold me. It's super immersive. But the head tracking is magical. Great for search and rescue. You can set mavic to fly a grid over an area in Gs pro and use your head to search every detail.

I came home with a set of dji goggles.

I was hoping to use head tracking for getting smooth cinematic shots, but unfortunately the motion isn't smooth enough, but I instantly recognized how amazing the function would be for surveillance or scouting purposes. Truly amazing experience! It would be nice if there was a remote button combo to quickly turn head tracking on and off though.

Reactions: TrayBoz and Kilrah
Yup, unfortunately not up to par for quality video shots but does a great job for awareness.

Reactions: hjmavic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayakin2