DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Used Mavic. Registration and clones questions?

Lgalle

Reactions
I am about to pick up a used drone. Are there any clones and if so what are the tell signs?
Also is there a way to transfer warrenty and of register with the FCC

I am about to pick up a used drone. Are there any clones and if so what are the tell signs?
Also is there a way to transfer warrenty and of register with the FCC

There are not any direct clones that I am aware of. It sounds like this might be your first drone, I would be very, very wary of purchasing a used drone off the street. As far as I know, as long as the drone was originally purchased from an authorized dealer and you have a valid receipt, DJI will do warranty work. I would recommend confirming this with them.

FAA registration for recreational use is not tied to a physical drone, you just have to register with them.

Yes it's my first drone, was said to be flown once and for sale. What should I look for when purchasing?

Ask yourself, why would someone buy a very expensive consumer drone and only fly it once?

That doesn't make sense.

I'd ask to see

1) The receipt from when it was purchased.

2) The DJI account it's currently registered to. That will show many times it has been flown, how far, how high and how fast etc.

You can also use the DJI windows or Mac app to check the 'black box' on the mavic. That will also tell the truth about the number of flights it's had.
(Bear in mind there are test flights or runs at the factory before sale but these will predate the receipt and the flights of your seller).

The warranty will require the proof of purchase.

Take the serial number of the drone and log in to DJI webchat. They'll confirm if your eligible for warranty cover and DJI refresh.

I bought a factory refurb from a store. They're official DJI resellers but DJI would not honour any warranty so I returned it.

Make sure it flies. Make sure it hovers in place. Make sure the sensors work (won't work in the dark). Make sure the gimbal and camera work and check on the app to see if it's reporting any errors.

If it's genuinely only been flown once it will be in perfect condition. Any errors or marks or if it doesn't behave as it should - walk away!

Reactions: Daptone
is there a way to transfer warrenty
It'll still be covered until warranty if you have a copy of the original sales receipt showing the Mavic was purchased from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer. The DJI warranty lists the parts that are covered under warranty and the time period each part is covered.

register with the FCC
You'll need to register with the FAA here.

Did you ask if it was ever crashed, and if it flew ok on it's "one" flight, check the batteries to see if they are ok, and why is it being sold, if no receipt, might be stolen. How much is he selling it for, might tell you some thing about it. Buyer Beware.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark