DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

User-downloadable geo-fencing database ?

YRauste

Reactions
Just before Christmas, there was an update to DJI Fly. The message popping up to inform about the update said something that I understood as user-downloadable geo-fencing database in the EASA area. Has anybody else noticed such a message ? I tried to find the release notes of the DJI Fly, but found nothing. Could there be some documentation about the changes in DJI Fly versions (and about this feature in particular) ? The DJI Fly version was 1.12.4.

Just before Christmas, there was an update to DJI Fly. The message popping up to inform about the update said something that I understood as user-downloadable geo-fencing database in the EASA area. Has anybody else noticed such a message ? I tried to find the release notes of the DJI Fly, but found nothing. Could there be some documentation about the changes in DJI Fly versions (and about this feature in particular) ? The DJI Fly version was 1.12.4.
Isn't that just an update to the Flysafe database that comes up every now and then?

I thought this feature was DJI's response to this requrement for C1 drones (Easy access rules ... p. 269):

(13) be equipped with a geo-awareness function that provides:
(a) an interface to load and update data containing information on airspace limitations related to UA position and height imposed by the UAS geographical zones, as defined by Article 15 of Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/947, which ensures that the process of loading or updating such data does not degrade its integrity and validity;

On the other hand, I think the current flysafe mechanism - as it is now implemented in DJI drones - already is such a geo-awareness function. The requirement does not say anything about the completeness and correctness of such a system compared to the national airspace regulations. In this respect the flysafe database leaves something to desire, at least in Finland. It may be a bit unrealistic to expect that a geo-awareness or geo-fencing system of a drone would always be accurate and up to date. Maybe the vague wording of the EASA regulations was made for this reason.

Hi. Just found this official "Release Notes". Nothing else more detailed.

Attachments

• DJI_Air_3_Release_Notes_EN.pdf
    81 KB · Views: 7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne