DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using the 8” Tripltek tablet with the Air2s

Thanks for the update, tripltek manufacturer claims that it needs repair of dji it is very strange that it only affects the model air 2s

Thanks for the update, tripltek manufacturer claims that it needs repair of dji it is very strange that it only affects the model air 2s
At least Tripltek gave an answer to the issue. After all, their entire marketing campaign for the tablets is based on use with drones.

Hello Marco,

It is a known issue by DJI with the FLY APP in the last updated versions. If you downgrade to an older DJI version it will not happen. It seems to be happening with all Android devices. You can read more here: dji fly 1.5.9 video cache not working

We are trying to find from the users' feedback why it is happening to some Air 2S and not to others. I keep you posted

Last edited:
Hi There is a version 1.5.10 update someone can check if this fixes the issue

I just got my Tripltek 8 Pro today.... didn't actually fly.
Updated the Tripltek software....
Installed the 1.5.10 version....
Had the Air 2s on my bed and connected everything ok...
took a video just holding the drone moving it around.
As far as I can tell no cache to Tripltek.
Compared locations of my previously used phone...
and location of where the cache would be..

So as of today... same situation.
p.s. bought my drone early January 2022.

Installed the 1.5.10 on my S21+ and in my Tab S5E and tested today with my Air 2S, cache images still not working. I'm going to downgrade the DJI Fly App to 1.5.4 to check. I think that it used to work on that version

Last edited:
Hi friends, I also bought the TRIPLTEK 8" PRO tablet I loved that there was no need to put on sun shade anymore,
and tested it today, and it seems to be running Low resolution works. (The version I have installed is 1.5.10)
In addition to testing I tried to view images I get a note that files can not be played on H264
I tried to download,

סמל 'אומת על ידי הקהילה'

Good day
Eli

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 7
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 7
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 5
Having the same issue with Tripltek 8 Pro / Air2S and DJI Fly's "App album" functionality not caching properly. Sometimes it will cache a few files (max four so far in my testing), other times none at all. This seems to regardless of cache size/location settings in DJI Fly.

I'm running latest DJI Fly (v1.6.1), aircraft/controller firmware, and Tripltek Android is up-to-date. Tested using same setup (drone, USB cable, DJI Fly settings) with my Samsung S10+ and caching works fine.

I suspect the issue may be to do with the way the Tripltek's internal storage is managed/partitioned/interpreted. I do not have an SD card installed but the DJI Fly app seems to see the main internal storage as an SD card.

1653816811589.png

I posted a message about issue on DJI forums but they just said " I am sorry to say that the mobile devices is not recommended for the DJI Fly application".

This is really disappointing and it feels like users are being passed between DJI and Tripltek. I like the Triplktek 8 Pro but this issue is a deal-breaker for me and currently regretting getting the tablet.

Did a bit more investigating into the issue.

In this other post, someone suggested "The images are actually cached on the phone during the flight, but the Fly App is not displaying them. To find them, you need to navigate to the folder DJI > dji.go.v5 > CACHE_IMAGE > ImageCaches".

So I installed File Manager + for Android and went digging. On the Tripltek 8 Pro, the 256g built-in storage is shown as "Main Storage". In there, under DJI > dji.go.v5, all the cache folders are empty. However, using FIle Manager's "Storage analysis function", I was able to determine that some DJI video files were cached but under /Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/MediaCaches.

From there, I went to File Manager + settings and enabled the "Show system storage" option. Once enabled, you can browse to /System/ via the top left menu icon. Under there, I tried to browse to the /data/ folder but got a "Loading Error! Access Denied" message.

So, in summary.. it looks like DJI Fly is trying to write cached files to the Tripltek's internal (8Gb) Android/system storage rather than the "SD card", even though SD (256Gb) is selected in DJI Fly App's Camera > Storage preferences.

Again, to confirm, I DO NOT have an extra SD card installed in my Tripltek. This is just how DJI Fly currently seems to see the Tripltek's built-in 256Gb storage. I therefore suspect this is the issue, possibly combined with muddled up write permissions for the /Android/data/ folders.

Hello all,

Has anyone found a solution to see cached video files on the Tripltek 8 Pro after flying the DJI Air 2S? I’ve had my triple check for several months now and still am unable to watch my low-res cached videos.

Mike

After DJI Fly version approx 1.5.4.... cache of low res video does not work on (as far as I know) all devices.

There are a number of posts about it... you can roll back to a previous version..

Code:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=261042

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/dji-fly-1-5-9-video-cache-not-working.121748/

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/air2s-not-caching-images.120541/

Reactions: Amichael
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member