DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

vertical limit dji mavic pro 2

The Mavic 2 can easily fly at 8000 feet.
The Max Service Ceiling is 6000 metres

Thanks for the correction.
(am I cofusing feet and meters?)
EDIT Iwas thinking of this video Which is a Mavic Pro but not a Mavic 2 Pro

My premise still holds true. if he wants to fly 800 meters up he has to start below 5,200 meters. As he mentioned mountains it is quite conceivable that the launch point would preclude flying 800m above it.

Many years ago I recall a "true story" that some one bought a microlight kit (powered hang glider to carry a person) when he built it it would not take off. No matter what he did and the tech support at the suppliers could not work out why. Eventually they realised that his "ground level" was actually above the operating ceiling, or at least the take of ceiling, for the microlight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lbesing
There is a maximum height above sea level that the drone can physically fly. This is physics to do with rotors and the air.
That maximum ceiling for an M2P is about 8,000 feet/ 2439m above sea level (according to videos on youtube)

Therefore if your ground level is above 8000 feet/ 2439m the drone will not even take off.

IF you want to fly 800m above your launch point you will need to be launching from a ground level that is less than 1600m above sea level.
Thanks for the detailed explanation on that. I've just checked and maximal height of the mountain is 1542m. The ground what I'm planning to launch the drone from is 800m. So everuthing is fits to the physical limits. The next question will be how to increase program limits set by DJI from 500m to let's say 1000m?
Thanks

Did someone try to break 500m limit? I'm planning a travel to mountains and desired rim will be in 800m above from my starting point. I see a lot tutorials applicable for Mavic 1. But I see no tutorials for M2P. I checked the Assistant and it looks like its parameters to break down the limit are similar to Mavic 1. Didn't try to change them yet.
There’s no way to change it to over 500m on the Mavic 2 at this time

There’s no way to change it to over 500m on the Mavic 2 at this time

Whilst looking for the video above I realised that all the max hight videos are for a Mavic Pro NOT A Mavic 2 Pro.
All the M2P videos are max distance ones.

I would assume that someone somewhere has hacked the M2P to take the hight restriction off.
It is just a case of finding the hack or borrow a Mavic Pro?

Whilst looking for the video above I realised that all the max hight videos are for a Mavic Pro NOT A Mavic 2 Pro.
All the M2P videos are max distance ones.

I would assume that someone somewhere has hacked the M2P to take the hight restriction off.
It is just a case of finding the hack or borrow a Mavic Pro?
Nobody has a hack for height limits on the Mavic 2 yet. So you’d need to borrow somebody’s Mavic Pro that has been hacked

Reactions: jagraphics
Thanks for the correction.
(am I cofusing feet and meters?)
EDIT Iwas thinking of this video Which is a Mavic Pro but not a Mavic 2 Pro

My premise still holds true. if he wants to fly 800 meters up he has to start below 5,200 meters. As he mentioned mountains it is quite conceivable that the launch point would preclude flying 800m above it.

Many years ago I recall a "true story" that some one bought a microlight kit (powered hang glider to carry a person) when he built it it would not take off. No matter what he did and the tech support at the suppliers could not work out why. Eventually they realised that his "ground level" was actually above the operating ceiling, or at least the take of ceiling, for the microlight.
That shouldn’t be difficult. There are few places on earth above 5200m

There is a maximum height above sea level that the drone can physically fly. This is physics to do with rotors and the air.
That maximum ceiling for an M2P is about 8,000 feet/ 2439m above sea level (according to videos on youtube)

Therefore if your ground level is above 8000 feet/ 2439m the drone will not even take off.

IF you want to fly 800m above your launch point you will need to be launching from a ground level that is less than 1600m above sea level.

Hey I’ve stood on top of a mountain at 2100 metres then flown up to 2600 metres no problem with m2p. Where do you get this ceiling idea?

Hey I’ve stood on top of a mountain at 2100 metres then flown up to 2600 metres no problem with m2p. Where do you get this ceiling idea?
Agreed - the DJI Spec' for the Mavic 2 Pro quotes a Max service ceiling ASL as 6,000 meters (19,685 ft).

My neighbor - currently in jail for two felonies and awaiting his jury trial in April - took this photo.
I think it's about testosterone, emotional immaturity, and a sociopathic personality disorder.
When I asked him how high the drone was when he took this, he said, "Over 1,000 feet." His drone was NOT made by DJI.

View attachment 63142View attachment 63142

My neighbour is in prison for life and he took a photo with a drone at 1000ft.......... Yeah hes in for murder lol

My neighbour is in prison for life and he took a photo with a drone at 1000ft.......... Yeah hes in for murder lol

So your neighbour is in prison for murder and you posted evidence of a further crime he has committed....

When you say "neighbour" does he have other family members "within range" of you who might be less than entusiastic about this evidence coming to light 24/7 on the internet? :)

what was the proverb about sleeping dogs? :)

So your neighbour is in prison for murder and you posted evidence of a further crime he has committed....

When you say "neighbour" does he have other family members "within range" of you who might be less than entusiastic about this evidence coming to light 24/7 on the internet? :)

what was the proverb about sleeping dogs? :)

I was taking the Mickey out of post 53, where he says his neighbour is in prison and he took a picture from 1000ft with a drone but the reason he is in prison is because he assaulted a police officer I believe. So nothing to do with the 1000ft drone picture.

Reactions: Lbesing
I was taking the Mickey out of post 53,

I got that. I was also being humorous.

where he says his neighbour is in prison and he took a picture from 1000ft with a drone but the reason he is in prison is because he assaulted a police officer I believe. So nothing to do with the 1000ft drone picture.

My point was the OP has a clearly violent/unstable criminal whose family probably live near him and he posted evidence of another crime his neighbour has committed. Not going to end well as you will know well in your part of the world. What would Ronnie and Reggie with a grass? :)

There is absolutely physical no reason why it shouldn't be capable of reaching that altitude other than the firmware restricting it.
Agreed - I was responding to the *cough* which I took to be a reference regarding the legality ... ;)

Have you, um...heard anything about the M2 being able to reach these levels? *cough*

There is absolutely no physical reason why it shouldn't be capable of reaching that altitude other than the firmware restricting it. I haven't done much in the way of research on the M2 and progress on the firmware mods.

Last edited: 2 minutes ago

My method is to land my M2P at a distance, turn nothing off. Then TO after20-30 sec or so and the landing point is reset to 0... gives another 1600’
Will it change the RTH coordinates then?
Another tricky issue is landing on a steep slope or a vertical wall of an eightthousender :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147