DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very high altitude drone flight testing 10.25km / 33628ft

I call BS. The last video defiantly shows a curve to the earth.. and as we all know...

It's a risky flight and I wouldn't suggest doing something like that without having permission from the proper authorities. That being said, since it's already done, can we all just appreciate how awesome the view was?

Also, anyone have an idea what kind of quad he used? The video is titled FPV Racer.. but I would assume it would have been something a bit more industrial. it was -9c on the ground and upwards of -50c during his flight. So not just it's insane transmission range and lift generated at that altitude, but the fact that it was able to survive at that temp for as long as it did is just crazy. Would the battery have to have some sort of thermal protection?
he states in one of his posts everything he is using (see post #6 above)
and as for the battery it says:
Batterie: Custom made 4s3p Li-ion 9000mAh from Sony/Murata Konion US18650VTC6 3000mAh/30A in styrofoam box against the cold temperatures

Reactions: Kossnen
Wow, you got my admiration!
And .. I think someone who is doing such experiments is caring about air traffic and is informing himself about the risks. All the time I only read about the rutheless drone pilots but I am really convinced that those drone pilots don't want to go into any risks neither to damage others neither to loose their drone.

Wow, you lost my admiration: See #105

Last edited:
he states in one of his posts everything he is using (see post #6 above)
and as for the battery it says:
Batterie: Custom made 4s3p Li-ion 9000mAh from Sony/Murata Konion US18650VTC6 3000mAh/30A in styrofoam box against the cold temperatures

I totally missed all of that. I just assumed right away that the video was posted by someone other than the video creator and didn't bother to read the rest.Thanks!

Wow, is it legal to fly so high or will a special permit be required? Hard to imagine that this altitude is allowed anywhere in the world ...

Russia or not, that sort of altitude poses a risk to commercial aircraft. A jet could come up behind the drone & you would have no chance to evade it. Imagine the drone slamming into a jet windscreen or engine, the results could be catastrophic. IMO it is videos like these that give responsible pilots a bad image. :mad:

Yeah. Just like a weather balloon

Reactions: JanB
It is recommanded to be dressed as an astronaut when flying in such heights
So you flip upside down at 21 mins it’s still climbing?

You are absolutely right! I did not check it at first. This clip is fake: Climbing in a reversed flight position is not the way to convince the public, and even when flipping there is no remarkable loss of speed in climbing...

I swear recently I nearly broke this record with a drone flight in 12000 m altitude! Only problem was I could not open the plane's window to throw the drone out...
Unfortunately all this and more is undocumented :(

Reactions: thatswedishguy
Wow, is it legal to fly so high or will a special permit be required? Hard to imagine that this altitude is allowed anywhere in the world ...
You need a special permission of the Russian NASA equivalent...

for lolo780:

and a flea is jumping 30 cm high what would be the equivalent of 120 m for a human!

Last edited:
for lolo780:

And a small flea after all can jump 15 cm high, this is remarkabel, isn't it?

Last edited:
for lolo780:

The flight of a drone with no or empty battery on board will reach an altitude of may be ten meters depending on the weight...

OP's videos seem to be unavailable now, so here's the original:

Dear lolo780,

I don't know if you ever read the heading above the thread or the url: all this site is more or less about dji mavic. You seem so very enthusiastic about the drones modified or built in Russia, I am nearly sure they have their own website to publish there all the comments and questions about those drones.
As I tried to say before it is nice to read about new or old world records but this is belonging to the chapter common knowledge...
And believe or not in this allegedly footage you see again beginning at about minute 21:00 the reverse flight (upside down) and at the same time still the uprising count of the altitude. I believe in miracles and so I believe they found in Russia the key to antigravitation. Here is the proof! Thank you lolo780 to let us participate in this real stunning footage!... (by the way, did you ever see the complete clip? )

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas