DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vibrating Motors In Cold Temperature

Mine did this a couple times after takeoff and it went away after like 5-10 seconds. Its been below 20F here. I rarely fly when its too cold because my phone dies quickly, so this isn't that big of a deal for me. There are probably many parameters DJI can adjust in the speed controller to make it less sensitive to cold. Maybe a firmware update will be coming soon.
I have had the same thing happen to me, but I thought it was because of nail polish I put on the tips of my props.
The low noise props, because over time, the ends start peeling. So, I thought nI get a jump on it to prevent that from happening. Any way the jury is still out on if that works or not.

I have had the same thing happen to me, but I thought it was because of nail polish I put on the tips of my props.
The low noise props, because over time, the ends start peeling. So, I thought nI get a jump on it to prevent that from happening. Any way the jury is still out on if that works or not.
It has been fixed in yesterday's firmware update... I don't think it was because of your nail polish. Lol although that would probably cause unbalanced issues if it wasn't perfectly symmetrical on all blades I doubt that was it. it was something with the IMU or gain

Its fixed with feb 9th fw update

Sounds like progress to me! The Mavic’s are becoming more human in their evolution. Humans start shaking in freezing temperatures!

This is fixed as of 02/09/18. The firmware update adjusts the PID, increasing the IMU tolerance for cold weather. Mine works perfectly now!
Good call. For those of us who scratch-built mini-quads, this looked like PID settings instantly to me. That would have been my call as I think those settings may have been right on the edge. Combination of IMU temp and perhaps density-altitude combination? There have been some good YouTube videos on PID calibration and the look and sound is almost identical. A lot of flyers out there now have not done the scratch-build thing and are therefor unfamiliar with these "quirks of quads". Glad DJI has corrected that in firmware. Not sure if that is adjustable in the software on the Air.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer