DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Distortion

ggray1979

Reactions
Hey everyone i was hoping someone here can help i have only had my drone out 3 times since i bought it.never crashed but the last couple of times out i cant see much on the video feedback then i checked the memory card and the video is the same. I update it every time im asked to which has been before each time i go out with it. Could you please look at the footage on the link and tell me is it my drone thats broken and do i neef to contact DJI or is there something i can do. Here is the link
Thanks in advance

Try filming in lower resolution or use a faster micro SD card. The Mavic ships with a U1 card and U3 is needed for higher resolution.

That doesn't look like a memory card issue to me (and the card that come with it works just five for 4k recording). It looks like a problem with the camera. I would contact DJI, or exchange it as defective if you're within the return period wherever you bought it from.

try a new memory card first and if its the same then yes return it, i have a cheap gopro knock off and it states 4k recording, when i use a slow card it looks like that. simle to try a new card first if its the same then send her away

Thanks i will try a new card but i do think its the camera as thats how i see it when flying too which is no more than 100feet away from me

The video on youtube is only 720p which makes me wonder if you've looked at and uploaded the small phone cache file.
That might be affected by the transmission from drone, the usual main culprit is your USB cable, chuck the supplied tiny one out and use a known good data cable in the bottom USB.

And be sure to download the full size video file recorded on the onboard SD card.
Take it out and insert in PC slot.

The video on youtube is only 720p which makes me wonder if you've looked at and uploaded the small phone cache file.
That might be affected by the transmission from drone, the usual main culprit is your USB cable, chuck the supplied tiny one out and use a known good data cable in the bottom USB.

And be sure to download the full size video file recorded on the onboard SD card.
Take it out and insert in PC slot.
Yeah it was uploaded from phone cache file just for quickness. I dont use the small usb cable i do as you said use the bottom port with good data cable. The footage on the sd card from the mavic is the same as the cache file which was uploaded. Which makes me think its the camera.

I got my drone today and had about the same issue, but my footage on the sd card that's in the drone itself looked perfect. I turned off caching, so it doesn't save videos to my phone anymore, now the stream on my phone looks okay. Did only one flight, so not sure.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, alsoooo... I'm saving my videos in MP4 instead of MOV. My PC runs that better, and it takes less room on the sd.

Oh yeah, alsoooo... I'm saving my videos in MP4 instead of MOV. My PC runs that better, and it takes less room on the sd.
The default is mov for Mac's; mp4 is for PC's. There are programs that run both but it is easier to change the format to mp4 if you have a PC.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom