DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Editing Software

I'm using Davinci Resolve (Studio, because of the 4k option mostly) as well. The workflow of Davinci Resolve really kickstarted me, a noob, into video editing, color correction and grading, noise reduction (combined with Neat Video). Standard edition is free (no 4K), and Studio edition is "only" 300 dollar which is far less than Premiere Pro for example. You could probably try out the standard edition and upgrade later if you really like it or need the 4k option.
According to the DaVinci Resolve website, 4K support is now included in the free version.

Reactions: iMario
Just made the jump to an iMac after a ZILLION YEARS on a PC! Was cutting video for the last 12 years with Adobe Premiere ... I thought it was great .. UNTIL ... I made the move to Final Cut Pro X. I am ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT, and it's WAAAAAY faster to edit with FGCPX than with Premiere! I'm a convert!

Really tempted to ask which iMac model you bought. I have always had PC and now started thinking that an iMac might make more sense when I want to edit videos (because of FCPX). Looked at both 21.5 and 27 inch models and can't decide which one to pick. I am leaning towards 27", but then, will the basic model do the job (edit 4K + color grade), maybe with a RAM upgrade, or do I need the top-of-range one with the Radeon 580 (8GB dedicated graphics)/512SSD and maybe a better processor?

Nobody on After Effects? I find for 3D text on geography Adobe After Effects is very smooth. No numbers like some of yours, but 35k views on this one:

Fb.com/onlinefilmapp/videos/981838581934719

Another has about 52 thousand views, no effects but both of these were before the Mavic. They were filmed on a first generation Parrot Bebop, which came out 3 or 4 years ago, with old specs: 1080p, Wi-Fi transmission

Hey Guys,

Whats the best video editing software out there...PAID or FREE.

What do you guys use and what does some of your compilations look like....

I use adobe premier pro and I love it. You can do anything with it. It takes some time to learn but it is worth it.

DaVinci Resolve is probably the most capable editor that is available for free at the moment. And it is the industry standard for color corrections/grading. And version 14 even includes the Fairlight audio postprocessing package.

Hey Guys,

Whats the best video editing software out there...PAID or FREE.

What do you guys use and what does some of your compilations look like....
LOtsa folks use imovie BUt I wanted to mention a great playback vehicle..its called 5kplayer. At 5kplayer.com. Many videos that had trembled and jittered with VLC, Quicktime etc..played smooth on this. Very versatile app.

For a cheap, easy, quick, and basic (it has enough features to make good videos but it's very easy to use and does everything nice and quick) video editor, I use "Filmora" by "WonderShare"

Filmora.wondershare.com

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead