DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Lag problems

Larrydula

Reactions
I am new to the drone world and just purchased a Mavic Air. Here is the problem, when I shoot video it looks good on the Samsung phone attached to the remote with only a flicker every once in a while but when I put the card in my computer to play it there is a terrible video lag that makes a huge blur and it seems to be the worst when I move the drone in any direction. I have tried different resolutions and am using a high-speed Samsung Micro SD card rated at 100KPS speed. Any help would be appreciated

Larry

There has been a lot of discussion on this. I can not recall most of it, BUT I do know, that it takes a pretty powerful computer to work with HD 4K video. Most off the shelf desktops and laptops cannot handle the job.

OK, thanks. I thought that might be the problem but wanted to rule out the drone itself. I have only tried it on my HP laptop but will try it on my desktop which has a pretty good graphics card. That is when the tree climber comes tomorrow to get it down from a tall pine tree in my driveway. I have to remember not to hit the go home key when it is flying low. Oh well, rookie mistake. Thanks for the reply.

Even in 1080p 30fps, I get 'motion blur' on playback yet when I freeze the playback, frame is sharp. Happened on a few PCs. I guess typical graphics cards can't handle smooth motion for these codecs.

Even in 1080p 30fps, I get 'motion blur' on playback yet when I freeze the playback, frame is sharp. Happened on a few PCs. I guess typical graphics cards can't handle smooth motion for these codecs.
4K is quite a bit more complex than 1080P. It requires huge amounts of processing power. Not present in many sub $1250 computers.

4K is quite a bit more complex than 1080P. It requires huge amounts of processing power. Not present in many sub $1250 computers.
I totally agree. OP didn't mention what resolution he recorded on. I was pointing out even 1080p can have playback issues, even hoping someone could explain the apparent blur.

I totally agree. OP didn't mention what resolution he recorded on. I was pointing out even 1080p can have playback issues, even hoping someone could explain the apparent blur.
That is a result of not enough processing power or processor speed.

I am new to the drone world and just purchased a Mavic Air. Here is the problem, when I shoot video it looks good on the Samsung phone attached to the remote with only a flicker every once in a while but when I put the card in my computer to play it there is a terrible video lag that makes a huge blur and it seems to be the worst when I move the drone in any direction. I have tried different resolutions and am using a high-speed Samsung Micro SD card rated at 100KPS speed. Any help would be appreciated

Larry

You know what’s odd, I had the same issue. On my third flight, I found the 4K video setting while in the DJI GO 4 app and figured, well, it already glitches so oh well AND it actually fixed my problem. Then next 3 videos I played in my lap top were flawless. Sorry, I’m sure this is kind of a backwards response to your issue, just wanted to share.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HermanKrebbers