Video: Mavic Hand catch & Sports mode braking

Discussion in 'Photos and Videos' started by flumpet, Oct 30, 2016.

1. flumpet

flumpet Well-Known Member

I demonstrate two ways of hand catching the Mavic. The first being the hesitant method, the 2nd being the firm and quick method. See how being hesitant causes you to not catch the Mavic due to VPS and sonar system kicking in.

Motors cut off after 3S of holding down throttle.

Next I show the braking distance of the Mavic in sports mode.

Always ensure you have sufficient space when in sports mode as the braking distance can be quite long.

Thanks all for watching and my apologies for the vertical videos. Was doing my first Mavic flight test and had no intention at all to do any videos. I had to film using my iPhone with one hand and fly the drone using the RC with the other hand. I created the video hurriedly to show my local drone group in Singapore. And I decided to share it here as well as I have not seen any videos related to it here.

#1 flumpet, Oct 30, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    thetjshow, Peel, MarkEt and 10 others like this.
  2. GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy Well-Known Member

Firm and quick gets the job done! :cool:
    He who hesitates is lost! ;)

3. Peel

Peel Well-Known Member

Flumpet, in the first video it seems that the Mavics' motors rev up before shutting off when you catch it using the second method. Is this true?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

#3 Peel, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  4. flumpet

flumpet Well-Known Member

Yeah probably I was moving it when I caught it. So it tried to level itself.