DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wait and see, added my crystal sky monitor to my State Farm drone policy.

superdave5050

Reactions
So today I took my 1 day old monitor into my State Farm agents office and asked if I could add this to my drone policy. Gal looked up the fine print and noticed something about if it relates to something else on the policy it could be covered. Being a dji product for drone she thought it should work.
So until they say otherwise it’s covered. They said they stopped covering iPads and phones and other tablets so I was pushing the drone point.
Wait and see

Reactions: Ping^Spike
You could also tell your agent that the CS is a component of your video/photography equipment.

Reactions: radman
I wish we had something like State Farm here in the UK.

It's a nightmare to insure stuff over here :(

Reactions: sbooker
I wish we had something like State Farm here in the UK.

It's a nightmare to insure stuff over here :(

Ditto Australia, so many ask about it here on local forums / groups.
As hobbyists, we can only get added to home contents 'portables' cover, in case of theft, fire, accidental breakage by dropping etc (not from the sky though !! :D ).
No one will cover in damage from flight or (of course) public liability as non biz.

If you were licensed and had RePL / ReOC for commercial work, plus had public liability cover as most biz do of some level, you probably could get cover on the Mavic itself as equipment.
I know dealing with brokers here you get good inside knowledge as to what insurance companies do more unusual cover for biz.

Reactions: sbooker
For those that are jealous, or don't know, the State Farm insurance we are getting in the USA only covers the equipment. No liability or damages to others. It is also no good once you get the UAV pilots license (part 107 or 333 exemption). The policy is not drone specific but a personal articles policy, the very same one that you would get to cover your jewelry, photography equipment, etc.
The good news is that it covers theft, loss (whether from a fly away, crash, or any fault of yours, as long as they don't think you did it on purpose), and breakage (they will pay the repair bill, if you claim it).

Something to note for those that are thinking about getting the coverage: add all of your items, example: dji goggles, crystal sky monitor, chargers, batteries, SD cards, portable hard drive, other cameras if you don't have them covered, and other stuff that fits into their category for personal articles. The fee they charge will most likely still be the same, in my state it's a minimum of $60 a year, and I still keep adding items and not gotten a rate change.

Reactions: superdave5050
"It is also no good once you get the UAV pilots license (part 107 or 333 exemption). The policy is not drone specific but a personal articles policy, the very same one that you would get to cover your jewelry, photography equipment, etc."

My SF policy was/is device specific, I had to furnish them with receipts that included serial numbers. Also, they never asked me anything in regards to Part 107 licensed. Though they did asked if it was used for business purposes and you would have to be a fool to say "yes".

Not sure this would do me much good. I have State Farm but a $1k deductible. Even with a $500 deductible it would not be of much help to replace my Mavic.
Steve

Not sure this would do me much good. I have State Farm but a $1k deductible. Even with a $500 deductible it would not be of much help to replace my Mavic.
Steve
If you're referring to deductible on a SF Personal Articles Policy...there is none.

Ah, I didn't know that. Never made a claim on anything other than home or Auto
If you're an existing SF customer/client then the process is easy. The premium is added to my Home/Auto statement

I'm in Ca and got the same answer, no insurance specifically on my Mavic. I'm covered for theft under my home owners insurance but have a 500 dollar deductible and it's just not worth reporting it even if it's stolen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daly_mail