DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waiting for Mavic, need new Mac?

johanherrmann

Reactions
Hello! I will get my Mavic next week, and I realized I won't be able to edit 4K video on my Macbook Air 2011.

What do you think about getting a

APPLE Macbook Pro 15" MJLQ2KS/A
15" MacBook Retina, 256 GB SSD, Intel® Core™ i7-4770HQ Processor, 16 GB RAM, Intel® Iris™ Graphics 5200.

Will that one be OK to edit in Final Cut X?

I know its from 2015, but I can't afford the new ones, this one I can get for 2000 dollars in Sweden.
Thanks!

I have a McBook Pro (13-inch, mid 2012) 2.5 GHz Intel core i5 with 8GB memory
and I am able to do 4K on iMovie

I have a macbook pro circa 2011. It is really slow to do a couple of things with 4k video. Importing the video takes a while, there is some lag when clipping the video, there is definite lag in applying effects, and then it is slow to export...Like walk away and go do something else for a long time slow.

For my purposes 1080 is fine, though I do like the high res photographs...I personally won't be able to swing a new computer until next year which was the original plan anyway.

Hope this helps.

DB

If anyone is following this thread, I can confirm that I finally bought the MacBook Pro 15" mid 2015. Its really really awesome for editing 4k, which is what I wanted to do with it :)

Hello guys,
I do use topped MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2011)
with
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
512GB OCZ-VERTEX4 SSD
Video Radeon 6750M

and it cannot render properly 4k.

However when being under bootcamp windows 7 with Media Player Classic Home Cinema - they do play fine.

Have anyone found a better player for macOS Sierra?

Hi guys, I believe it's not QuickTime at all.
It's apple and they decoding tweaking.
I tried couple more players:
QuickTime Pro is the same
Mplayer ain't good either
5KPlayer no good either
Davinci Resolve shows fps if 13-16fps when playing in window mode.

Then the only way I found so far is to boost VLC Player to utilize multiple Threads in CPU!
In Tools / Preferences / Video Codecs" / FFMPEG / Threads, value of 0 which means "Auto", but it's not working for me. I had to incease to 16
Remark that the FFMPEG library is not used for all video formats.

Big thanks to guys at superuser.com for this article:
How to configure VLC to play 4K content properly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078