DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weak transmission signal

finz4lyfe

Reactions
When I get about 2200 feet away I get a "weak transmission signal" warning and the video on my screen starts messing up. The antennas are where there supposed to be. Video looks great when I review it on computer. I thought this thing was supposed to go miles away. Can someone please help me with this.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I cant even get that far, I'm no more than 300-400 feet away, and I'm losing signal...maiden flight today.

Beyond annoying... I can't get up about about 90 feet. Are you guys on the latest firmware?

I am but it doesn't seem to be related to a new firmware or the 4 app. I tried the 3.xx app and it persisted.

I got a warning on there earlier today that said " abnormal gimbal vibration " but the gimbal looks fine and video was smooth. Also I keep getting one about the compass and recalibrate warning. I didn't get all these warnings on the other go app.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Beyond annoying... I can't get up about about 90 feet. Are you guys on the latest firmware?
If you cant go 90 feet up then you have either a faulty drone or controller i would be raising a support ticket and getting it replaced.

However i takeit you dont have the drone in beginner mode do you ?

If you cant go 90 feet up then you have either a faulty drone or controller i would be raising a support ticket and getting it replaced.

However i takeit you dont have the drone in beginner mode do you ?
Not in beginner mode...I'm trying to downgrade to an earlier firmware for the heck of it, can't get the DJI Assistant software to cooperate...did the firmware updates via the app, so, yes, I'd be surprised if this isn't some sort of hardware problem.

Has anyone else found the DJI Assistant software to be more or less useless? It just hang and sits there, doesn't do anything.

Cant you downgrade via the go app ?

In the RC settings menu, under "HD" and then under "Image Transmission Settings", what is yours set to? The channel on mine has "Custom" selected. Should that be the case or should it be "Auto"?

Not in beginner mode...I'm trying to downgrade to an earlier firmware for the heck of it, can't get the DJI Assistant software to cooperate...did the firmware updates via the app, so, yes, I'd be surprised if this isn't some sort of hardware problem.

Has anyone else found the DJI Assistant software to be more or less useless? It just hang and sits there, doesn't do anything.
This is a dumb question and I'm sure it's not the issue, but did you check you max altitude range? Also, sometimes turning wifi off your phone or tablet can help with transmission. One more thing, are you flying in urban area? Even still 90 feet is nothing. Yesterday I flew in urban area with lots of trees and many many homes and flew 1,320 feet. Not sure if that's great or just ok.... but when I drive to the top of open parking garages in urban areas to fly, I can fly until the battery becomes an issue... I'm not 100% proficient yet on my mavic though...

I sent the Mavic to DJI for repair and they replaced virtually everything inside the drone. I'm traveling and won't be able to test fly until this weekend.

This is a dumb question and I'm sure it's not the issue, but did you check you max altitude range? Also, sometimes turning wifi off your phone or tablet can help with transmission. One more thing, are you flying in urban area? Even still 90 feet is nothing. Yesterday I flew in urban area with lots of trees and many many homes and flew 1,320 feet. Not sure if that's great or just ok.... but when I drive to the top of open parking garages in urban areas to fly, I can fly until the battery becomes an issue... I'm not 100% proficient yet on my mavic though...

I use Airplane Mode on my phone guys (turns off all data transfer, cell and wifi) and that helped a lot with my issues.

Maybe check for surround trees, dense foliage in your area. I have taken my Mavic out in built up areas and clear areas of trees and my signal is perfect. As soon as I fly near dense trees I get transmission issues. I feel you might need a clear path for your signal.

Maybe check for surround trees, dense foliage in your area. I have taken my Mavic out in built up areas and clear areas of trees and my signal is perfect. As soon as I fly near dense trees I get transmission issues. I feel you might need a clear path for your signal.
I noticed that too. Whenever there are trees near where I operate the RC, I tend to get one/zero bars of transmission strength at 400-500 meters (apologies for using metric units) from the Mavic. With just a few trees around, I am able to fly up to 1500 meters. I live in a city where it's impossible to get away entirely from both trees and buildings, unless I fly out into the sea. Even so, the farthest I was able to get out to sea was 2000 meters.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki