DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird Talk

shawgod

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Sometimes when I fly the Air2s I hear what sounds like a French lady talking. I can't make out what she is saying. Everything else is in English. When I look at the screen there isn't any notifications for me to look at. It is real strange. Anybody else get this?

Maybe from some other app?

Lol - Took me a hot minute to figure out you were talking about the Controller and not the sound of the Drone.
Yes depending on the warning you can get an oriental voice . Do you know what warning it was ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water, and listen for French Lady.

I’ll keep a closer look next time. I have a habit of not constantly looking at the screen. I fly looking at the drone. So by the time it says it it is already cleared.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Do you have the app setup in French? If it's in English and you hear French then we might have a problem.🙃

Do you have the app setup in French? If it's in English and you hear French then we might have a problem.🙃
No it’s setup in English, because everything else is in English

Sometimes when I fly the Air2s I hear what sounds like a French lady talking. I can't make out what she is saying. Everything else is in English. When I look at the screen there isn't any notifications for me to look at. It is real strange. Anybody else get this?
I get a tiny Chinese voice from my RC Pro controller every time I start up. I have no idea what she is saying, then it switches to English when she says, "the home has been detected..."

Reactions: LoudThunder
That’s what I get, maybe it’s Chinese

That’s what I get, maybe it’s Chinese
I cannot speak Chinese but I have been to China twice. The lady certainly sounds Chinese to me. It is definitely not French- I studied French for 4 years.

I apologize to all French speaking people. I just thought it was French for some reason. I just don't know what is being said. It drives me nuts not knowing what is being said. This happens on all my DJI drones. Doesn't matter what device I am using, whether it is my iPhone or iPad.

I apologize to all French speaking people. I just thought it was French for some reason. I just don't know what is being said. It drives me nuts not knowing what is being said. This happens on all my DJI drones. Doesn't matter what device I am using, whether it is my iPhone or iPad.
No need to apologize to the French people.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
I just don't know what is being said. It drives me nuts not knowing what is being said. This happens on all my DJI drones. Doesn't matter what device I am using, whether it is my iPhone or iPad.
Do you have a "Screen Recorder" App on your iPhone. I fly with two different Android Tablets. The Galaxy A8 has a built in App, that I sometimes use when I am flying and it records everything that shows on the screen (including the audio from the speaker), including the Fly App and the FPV video from the camera. My Galaxy S2 does not have that built in App so I downloaded one from the Play Store.

I suggest you try recording the sequence that leads up to this. Afterwards, bring you device with recording in and play it into Google Translate, that works with both written and spoken word.

As a side note, if you ever do use the translate, and just paste some text in, there is also a little microphone underneath that will read the text aloud for you.

Good Luck and Fly Safe…

Or in Chinese…

祝你好運,安全飛行……

What was she wearing? 🤣

• Haha
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edy44