DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Welcome from the Oregon Coast!

Reactions
Hi Everyone! I am planning on buying a Mavic drone very soon I've never owned a drone, nor have I ever flown one, but I do love photography and I believe aerial shots would expand my base of experience.

Currently I'm hovering between a Spark, Air, and Pro. Cost is an issue, but portability is an even bigger one, as I am departing on a long motorcycle tour through the Americas next year. My drone must be small enough to fit in a tank bag, and rugged enough to survive 20,000 miles on a motorcycle thru all conditions!

Not too much to ask, is it? :)

I do have one noobie question to get started....Can I fly if there is no wifi and I don't have a local SIM card?

Thanks very much. Looking forward to hanging out, lurking, and asking the occasional question!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Can I fly if there is no wifi and I don't have a local SIM card?
Yes. No DJI drone requires Wi-Fi or SIM card to connect to the Internet for flying.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hi Everyone! I am planning on buying a Mavic drone very soon I've never owned a drone, nor have I ever flown one, but I do love photography and I believe aerial shots would expand my base of experience.

Currently I'm hovering between a Spark, Air, and Pro. Cost is an issue, but portability is an even bigger one, as I am departing on a long motorcycle tour through the Americas next year. My drone must be small enough to fit in a tank bag, and rugged enough to survive 20,000 miles on a motorcycle thru all conditions!

Not too much to ask, is it? :)

I do have one noobie question to get started....Can I fly if there is no wifi and I don't have a local SIM card?

Thanks very much. Looking forward to hanging out, lurking, and asking the occasional question!
Howdy from Wyoming @Adventureposer , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky