DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well it's official (canceling order)

Dylan

Reactions
Officially cancelling my order with Very Drone. I made a mistake by not purchasing direct or from a big retailer. I got an email yesterday saying my January 15th shop date had been pushed back to sometime in February. They also told me I'm basically at the back of the line so who knows it might not be here until march or so. After long consideration I talked myself out of the portability and decided to get the phantom 4 pro. The portability is amazing but I'll basically be driving to every flight location and I like caring a big hard case anyways. I'll probably be around here still but I won't be a mavic pilot just yet :)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

One day you will regret it, when did you order?
I ordered 30 Sept. Combo pack, still waiting and don't give a hoot about it.

The way i see it, all this time waiting and checking forums gave me a lot of tips, tricks, do's and dont's and firmware updates i did not have to beta test.
So, win win my mavic is not here yet!

Reactions: Deer_Predator
One day you will regret it, when did you order?
I ordered 30 Sept. Combo pack, still waiting and don't give a hoot about it.

The way i see it, all this time waiting and checking forums gave me a lot of tips, tricks, do's and dont's and firmware updates i did not have to beta test.
So, win win my mavic is not here yet!

Eh I might regret it by I doubt it. I mean the only reasons I bought it was on impulse, portability, and the fact that it's the newest thing. But in all honesty the portability doesn't matter too much to me because like I said I don't hike at all I always drive to wherever I want to fly at and park. Also I'm order 75 out of 90 placed on December 5th. Don't get me wrong I will most likely be selling off the phantom 4 pro for about $200 or so cheaper than what I paid and I will buy the mavic again when they ship next day. I returned my phantom 3 standard after having it for 4 days when I saw the mavic so I basically fell in love with the hobby then returned my only means of flying. So I'm just addicted now and ready to fly something. Think of it as a hold over drone for a few months.

On second note if anybody is interested within 6-7 months probably I'll be selling a p4p at below cost [emoji23][emoji23].

Order DJI direct and you'll have it within the month, in the meantime keep keep an eye on your local Best Buy, or Apple store.

Reactions: Dylan
I don't know how, but when Best Buy gets them they ship them immediately. They had some earlier this week.

nowinstock.net

I used this tracking service with text messaging. After a week, received a text message yesterday, and received my Mavic Pro today from Best Buy. Two day free shipping (one day if in CA), but I did have to pay CA sales tax.

Reactions: BmrUpInTheSky
I almost made the same decision when waiting for my Mavic (arrived a few days ago) but when I calculated the cost with my 4 extra batteries and accessories, the difference was over a 1000$ more (cdn$)
Ouch!

Understand your frustration, completely. Just this past Tue I was about to change my order for a P4P when I received my shipping notification, with scheduled delivery Jan.3rd. That is 3 months to date that I'll have waited for this unit and sold my P3P a couple months ago. I too was intrigued with the portability and ability to take it on my motorcycle. I've spent hours reading and researching as I'm sure most of you have and if the video quality is a significant factor for you, you made the right decision. I don't believe the camera on the P4P is going to be surpassed without moving up to an Inspire. Also, the challenges being faced by Mavic owners seems to far out number those of P4P owners, but hopefully further firmware releases will correct most of those issues. I think DJI has learned a lot from the Mavic release and I doubt they'll risk repeating those mistakes again. They still have work to do to correct some of the problems I'm reading about but we can only hope they will, and soon. I had a few minor glitches with my P3P while I owned it, but overall it was a great unit.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertexshope11