DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well the madness has started and the FBI is on the hunt

the people who are flying in the NFZ are just giving the FAA more fuel to add to the fire in the upcoming new regs on drone flights

the people who are flying in the NFZ are just giving the FAA more fuel to add to the fire in the upcoming new regs on drone flights
It's going to take a few years but it's coming remote ID and I will not invest in expensive drones anymore. My Mavic Pro Platinum and Evo 1 will be my last expensive drones. If I will buy another drone, will buy a cheap one.

I, for one, would like to know if it was ignorance or stupidity?
According to the article, reports have come to light that the flyer is 46 years and admitted he alter the drone to bypass the TRF (Geofencing). Also is stated the flyer was certified , so that could mean he and his drone was registered with the FAA or even he was Part 107.

• Angry
Reactions: Johnsrog
These idiots are why we all in the US will be be paying for remote ID in the near future.

Honestly, it won’t stop as long as websites continue to host or allow posting of flight videos made by vainglorious people who have obviously flown BVLOS, flying over populated cities, etc..

Last edited:
Reactions: davemorts
According to the article, reports have come to light that the flyer is 46 years and admitted he alter the drone to bypass the TRF (Geofencing). Also is stated the flyer was certified , so that could mean he and his drone was registered with the FAA or even he was Part 107.
Well if he is 107 registered, he’s probably going to be was 107 for life very shortly. They’ll probably slap him with being unable to register a drone as well.

Or an entitlement attitude. But I can see someone clueless out there trying to get that cool shot. They need to design a system that keeps multi rotors on the ground when flight restrictions are in place. But a good stuff fine might help to wake these people up

"a total of 77 drone incidents within Super Bowl temporary flight restriction zones as of Friday. Four drones were seized."

77 x ignorant, stupid, or entitled drone operators then :confused:

No doubt other govcos worldwide will also think they also need new powers / ways to control / monitor all drone fliers too.
The flow on from such irresponsible flying will affect all of us, eventually.

Our Govco looked at Gatwick (still an unproven 'incident' by the way) and decided it needs to test airport detection, with aeroscope, so not sure how many non DJI drones can be picked up.

I would lean more towards ignorance.
A lot of these offenses happened beach side at the celebrations or recreational.
They have no idea the NFZ extends 30NM miles out past the beach.
This affects roughly Delray Beach down to Homestead Bayfront Parkway south of Miami.

"a total of 77 drone incidents within Super Bowl temporary flight restriction zones as of Friday. Four drones were seized."

77 x ignorant, stupid, or entitled drone operators then :confused:

No doubt other govcos worldwide will also think they also need new powers / ways to control / monitor all drone fliers too.
77 is a total lie by the government. How in the world would they know it’s 77 different drones or a couple of guys flying around.
They are making up a number to further their agenda.

Pretty easy to see the number at 77 if the NFZ extends 30 miles from the stadium. You could be flying in your back yard and get caught up in it. Doesn't mean anything will happen to all of them. The NFZ is setup for planes that could could reach the stadium in less than 5 minutes, not a 1/2 pound drone taking real estate pictures 5 towns away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope