DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Welp, Guys I crashed it...Here's how it went down

You need a mainboard. Great video though.
It really gets across the feelings that people will have when the crash thier drone.

Statefarm Insurance (Personal Articles Policy) would have covered that crash. Its approx $5 a month.

Tip: If you are going to fly tight spots like that in the future where small stick inputs equal fairly large movement then either fly in the Intelligent Flight Mode - Tripod (where large stick inputs equal small movements of the drone) or modify your stick settings so that there is less movement of the drone when you provide stick inputs.

Hysterical! I can take a look at it for you.

I was thinking a good name for your videos would be, "2 guys on a love seat."

BTW, the Native American dance you were doing is calling for rain. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: BD0G
Branches...obviously. Maybe I should be an okay pilot before I try to be a professional...Here's how it went down:

I once did the defrost/airconditioner to revive my canon camera which when into the creek when the log rolled. But it was not submerged for 45 minutes. But the lens and view finder were badly fogged and the battery compartment and card slot dripped water. As we drove for about 3 hours, I rotated the camera in front of the car vents (as my hand got frozen). Then when we arrived at our destination, I placed it in the hot sun for another 3 hours. It WORKED.

Your video, induced by pain, was quite funny!

To be honest, i can't recall ever seeing a video of anyone using rice after a water incident that resulted in a win. (except of course if your cooking a Chinese meal)
I put my old iPhone 4 in the drink a few years ago and left in rice for a week. I ended up with a new iPhone 5.

Rice is the least effective material

While rice may be one of the most recommended ways to dry out a wet phone, research shows the rice trick is actually a myth.

One study tested seven materials most people have in their homes to determine which was the most absorbent. After testing silica gel, cat litter, couscous, instant oatmeal, classic oatmeal, and instant rice, researchers found that the dry, uncooked rice was the worst option. Instant rice was the next-to-worst option. According to the results, both types of rice absorbed the least amount of water in 24 hours.

A different study found that rice was not an effective drying agent. In fact, putting a phone in rice was even less effective than leaving the device in the open air to dry naturally on its own. The problem is, every second lost to putting a phone in rice, or allowing it to dry naturally in the open air for a day or two, damages the smartphone more. This same study found smartphone owners have the best chance of restoring a wet phone – if they do so in 48 hours or less. It’s clear that wasting time with rice can do more harm than good to your wet phone.

Reactions: noosaguy

While rice may be one of the most recommended ways to dry out a wet phone, research shows the rice trick is actually a myth.

One study tested seven materials most people have in their homes to determine which was the most absorbent. After testing silica gel, cat litter, couscous, instant oatmeal, classic oatmeal, and instant rice, researchers found that the dry, uncooked rice was the worst option. Instant rice was the next-to-worst option. According to the results, both types of rice absorbed the least amount of water in 24 hours.

A different study found that rice was not an effective drying agent. In fact, putting a phone in rice was even less effective than leaving the device in the open air to dry naturally on its own. The problem is, every second lost to putting a phone in rice, or allowing it to dry naturally in the open air for a day or two, damages the smartphone more. This same study found smartphone owners have the best chance of restoring a wet phone – if they do so in 48 hours or less. It’s clear that wasting time with rice can do more harm than good to your wet phone.
There are of course, times when using rice is essential. have you ever had sweet and sour port without it? :D Hmmm!

You need a mainboard. Great video though.
It really gets across the feelings that people will have when the crash thier drone.

Statefarm Insurance (Personal Articles Policy) would have covered that crash. Its approx $5 a month.

Tip: If you are going to fly tight spots like that in the future where small stick inputs equal fairly large movement then either fly in the Intelligent Flight Mode - Tripod (where large stick inputs equal small movements of the drone) or modify your stick settings so that there is less movement of the drone when you provide stick inputs.

Looks like you are correct. Main board has a bunch of shorts. Gahhhh! Well luckily there is a certified repair facility near where I am in Tbilisi (couldn't believe it) so fingers crossed they can get it fixed at a reasonable price. Assuming I'm not walking away without spending $700 bucks.

Interesting, no wonder when we opened it up it was still soaked.

Branches...obviously. Maybe I should be an okay pilot before I try to be a professional...Here's how it went down:

That was a classic, maybe you should give up droning (is that a word?) and start a production company. :)

Very sorry to hear about that. Drying, now I am an ultra new pilot, 35 flights on Mavic Air. I would take battery out put it by defroster and when I got home, get out the compressor, turn psi down and give it a good air douche. Kind of like drying the Harley.

I have always thought if you get in tight areas, do 360’s to make sure one does not hit anything, screws up video but a great editor like you can cut that out?!?

I am going to start a go fund me sight for surf and turf travel.

Being I have yet to even try editing, can one go into tight beautiful areas, do 360’s for obstacles then edit that out or am I dreaming?

That was a classic, maybe you should give up droning (is that a word?) and start a production company. :)

Very sorry to hear about that. Drying, now I am an ultra new pilot, 35 flights on Mavic Air. I would take battery out put it by defroster and when I got home, get out the compressor, turn psi down and give it a good air douche. Kind of like drying the Harley.

I have always thought if you get in tight areas, do 360’s to make sure one does not hit anything, screws up video but a great editor like you can cut that out?!?

I am going to start a go fund me sight for surf and turf travel.

Being I have yet to even try editing, can one go into tight beautiful areas, do 360’s for obstacles then edit that out or am I dreaming?

Yes its easy to edit out i use final cut pro and started with iMovie on my mac, watch tutorials and you will be fine.... 3N1 ind

Yes i use Final cut Pro and when i started I used iMovie both are user friendly, watch YouTube tutorials and you will be fine

Reactions: fozzzy
Also as you found out its important to know that when flying towards yourself Right is Left and Left is Right. Practice that in an open area so that you can get used to Brain Flipping the movement. When in doubt just barely feather the stick so you know which way the drone will move.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18