DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wetsuits ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any know anything about the wetsuits do they really work and are they safe ??

No and No.

Water IS going to get into the drone as you cant seal the motors, fan intakes and so on.
You're adding weight, drag and risking issues such as overheating.

Any know anything about the wetsuits do they really work and are they safe ??

You might want to check out the website Phantomrain.org
plenty of information and testimonials first hand of those flying in the pouring rain.

weight: 0.3 ounces really does not effect any part of the drones flying technicals such as drag and lift ect.

TOP 3 Wet Suits: Phantomrain.org

Last edited:
You do enjoy spamming the forum at every opportunity but it doesn't detract from the fact the mavic needs to breathe, its got fans and vents in for a reason. The motors are exposed to the open air with holes for a reason. Those cannot and are not blocked. Water WILL get into in the rain. Water WILL caused damage and/or failure without warning.
And sticking things on the drone increases weight, increases drag and increases the issue with heat.

You're selling snake oil.

You do enjoy spamming the forum at every opportunity but it doesn't detract from the fact the mavic needs to breathe, its got fans and vents in for a reason. The motors are exposed to the open air with holes for a reason. Those cannot and are not blocked. Water WILL get into in the rain. Water WILL caused damage and/or failure without warning.
And sticking things on the drone increases weight, increases drag and increases the issue with heat.

I don’t think it’s fair to say it’s snake oil- it does keep the battery in.

Reality is you could get away flying in rain with no additional protection. I don’t think the marketing suggests anywhere they make the Mavic watertight.

I’d hardly say he is spamming. The question was asked and he is an approved vendor that answered. I’m not a firm believer in this tech, but I do believe he has been appropriate in his promotion of his own products

i’m in the swimming pool repair business and would like to point out that electric motors sit outside in all types of weather and continue working for years,swimming pool pumps use electric motors as to ac units,just saying.

If it’s made out of wetsuit material than it’s not water proof, it’s meant to trap a small layer of water between the material and what it’s protecting to keep warm so totally not cool for a mavic. It lets water through and actually keep heats in.
Why are people so eager to fly in rain and snow, just wait for a nice day and u won’t have to stress out so much when flying.

If it’s made out of wetsuit material than it’s not water proof, it’s meant to trap a small layer of water between the material and what it’s protecting to keep warm so totally not cool for a mavic. It lets water through and actually keep heats in.
Why are people so eager to fly in rain and snow, just wait for a nice day and u won’t have to stress out so much when flying.
True. Maybe they’re thinking of a dry suit!

Reactions: Leeedgar85
You might want to check out the website Phantomrain.org
plenty of information and testimonials first hand of those flying in the pouring rain.
I've said it before.. and I'll say it again.. "I would be willing to buy one, and test it out here in central Florida where it rains just about everyday.. but according to your website you don't guarantee your product even works.

"Do you offer a guarantee that no water will get inside the drone: Some of the vents are left open so the drone can breathe , so no we do not , but there is no better way to secure your drone than with a Phantom Rain Wet Suit , there are just to many benefits. "

In my opinion.. That would be like buying a drone with intentions of flying it, just to find out that it really doesn't fly and it simply looks cool and is shiny.
i’m in the swimming pool repair business and would like to point out that electric motors sit outside in all types of weather and continue working for years,swimming pool pumps use electric motors as to ac units,just saying.
yea, but you don't have to worry about my pool pump or my AC motor falling out of the sky and damaging or hurting anyone or anything..

Yea it's just not worth the risk and like someone else said if it is wet suit material then it just traps water I used to surf a lot now if it's made of the dry suit material that's another story but I can't find anywhere on the website what the actual material is but they look really cool and I don't know I do want to fly in the snow that would be cool getting some footage while it's starting to snow the rain on the other hand I don't really care about but with no warranty or guarantee I'll pass thanks for all the post

I've said it before.. and I'll say it again.. "I would be willing to buy one, and test it out here in central Florida where it rains just about everyday.. but according to your website you don't guarantee your product even works.

"Do you offer a guarantee that no water will get inside the drone: Some of the vents are left open so the drone can breathe , so no we do not , but there is no better way to secure your drone than with a Phantom Rain Wet Suit , there are just to many benefits. "

In my opinion.. That would be like buying a drone with intentions of flying it, just to find out that it really doesn't fly and it simply looks cool and is shiny.

yea, but you don't have to worry about my pool pump or my AC motor falling out of the sky and damaging or hurting anyone or anything..

Our amazing success came for the thousands of Phantom 4 Wet Suits that we designed to enable the Phantom 4 to fly in the rain and secure the battery which was succeptible to falling out of the drone. We posted videos of how the Phantom Motors work under water as they are designed to negotiate water.

We purchased the Mavic 2 Zoom because unlike the Phantom 4 it was already designed to be some what water resistant and thought it could follow behind the Phantom in the rain .

However After just flying the Mavic 2 for 4 minutes in the rain, which abruptly just stopped ,we checked the battery and there was in fact water inside the battery compartment, and a few days after that the battery started to swell.

This is when I decided to make the Wet Suit for the Mavic Series drones as both the Battery and the Power Button were very susceptible to moisture and I knew the Mavic Wet Suit could improve and safe guard the drone

We already have close now to 30 flights in a torrential rain with the same battery on the Mavic 2 , and over 150 flights on the phantom as they
share the same motors .all of which our posted on the website.
Phantomrain.org

Wind and Rain and Sand
are part of everyday life , preparing your Mavic for it just makes sense.
Since the Wet Suit does not make the drone a submarine we offer no guarantee of water getting inside.

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor
Coal

Reactions: Dronage
Yea it's just not worth the risk and like someone else said if it is wet suit material then it just traps water I used to surf a lot now if it's made of the dry suit material that's another story but I can't find anywhere on the website what the actual material is but they look really cool and I don't know I do want to fly in the snow that would be cool getting some footage while it's starting to snow the rain on the other hand I don't really care about but with no warranty or guarantee I'll pass thanks for all the post

The Wet Suits are made of 2mm thick Closed Cell Neoprene so water does not get trapped in any way under the layer as it is not Open Cell Neoprene.

The Battery Seals have a 3M adhesive that seal around your battery and the drone keeping the water out and protecting the Power Button which is a main cause of the battery problems.

The vents are protected not so much for the Rain but for the sand and debris that can get in much more easily than Rain coming down.

Thank you for your interest in the Mavic Wet Suits.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

thank you for all the info I really like the designs of them as well and my thinking is some extra protection can't hurt and they can't wait that much one question I did have is if your ceiling the battery every time when you take it out and put a new one is the glue or whatever is holding it in going to wear out over time I'm not understanding how they really work it's hard to see in the videos that you have online or maybe I just didn't see all of them I will go to the website and check before I make any more post

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
thank you for all the info I really like the designs of them as well and my thinking is some extra protection can't hurt and they can't wait that much one question I did have is if your ceiling the battery every time when you take it out and put a new one is the glue or whatever is holding it in going to wear out over time I'm not understanding how they really work it's hard to see in the videos that you have online or maybe I just didn't see all of them I will go to the website and check before I make any more post

That is a great question , so the 3M adhesive that is used it not meant to stick on like cement , rather its designed to remain constantly sticky , we used the same adhesive on the Phantom 4 wet suits on the USB covers and were going on 3 years now with the same ability to self stick.

This allows for the Battery to seal every time and when used with the compression band it increases the pressure on the battery along with the seal and the cover, this is what makes it work.

We do have a video posted called : How it works !.

Phantomrain.org
Coal
Thank you.

Reactions: Dronage
Thanks for the info after that I do have one more question if you have multiple batteries can you order just the part that covers the battery for your other ones without having to buy the whole suit again what do you have a 3 battery package or anything like that cuz otherwise you can only use one battery with the suit

Reactions: Phantomrain.org

Yes. And those motors don't have open air holes with the coils directly exposed to the air and moisture to cool them which the mavic does.

I don’t think it’s fair to say it’s snake oil- it does keep the battery in.

Reality is you could get away flying in rain with no additional protection. I don’t think the marketing suggests anywhere they make the Mavic watertight.

True. But duct tape is cheaper if you're worrying about the battery falling out!
In fact, wrapping the whole drone in duct tape would likely do as good, if not a better job than these "wetsuits".

Although its also fairly clear the spammer has no idea what a wetsuit actually is or does. The clue is in the name - a wetsuit deliberately allows water in then traps it so its heated up by the body. Drysuits are different. A wetsuit is wet - the clue is in the name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52