DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do I send

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Reactions
Mavic smashed to bits. Everything destroyed, battery, mavic, camera. What do I send in? the whole unit including battery and controller? I have DJI refresh. Will be my first replacement.

You should send in whatever DJI requests you send.

Uh yeah. Thanks. I did the request online. I didn't call in. The online process is very vague

Uh yeah. Thanks. I did the request online. I didn't call in. The online process is very vague
They usually tell to send everything. Don't. Just the aircraft, and whatever else is smashed. Did you run over the thing?

In the FAQ below the online request form, DJI's states the following:

"For Repair: It is recommended to send us the defective product or components together for testing. If the propellers, SD card, and charger are functioning normally, they are not required for shipment."

However, if the battery is visually damaged, it would not be safe to ship it in the mail. You should definitely get in touch with DJI to find out what you should do. I'm assuming they would prefer you to send them a photo of the battery instead.

In the FAQ below the online request form, DJI's states the following:

"For Repair: It is recommended to send us the defective product or components together for testing. If the propellers, SD card, and charger are functioning normally, they are not required for shipment."

However, if the battery is visually damaged, it would not be safe to ship it in the mail. You should definitely get in touch with DJI to find out what you should do. I'm assuming they would prefer you to send them a photo of the battery instead.
True, but when you fill out the repair form they always assume it's the drone that's damaged. In my case when I got a defective charger, they want me to ship the entire Mavic back with them, as well as the goggles. Yea that wasn't happening. I only sent the charger, and behold they still sent back a replacement. If I had sent them my Mavic, I probably would have had to deal with more headache. Based on a lot of experiences, I feel I have a very solid unit, never had any kind of technical problem with it. I'm not risking losing it.

I didn't someone else did after it crashed
they may not honor the replacement because it was run over,read the refresh agreement,

Meh. Not to upset about it. I have several drones, phantom 4, Inspire 2, Spark, so I can keep working, but i have never had to use refresh. IF they are going to have to replace, why would I not send in controller and battery? I have no use for them. Battery is smashed too.
Because a smashed lipo is like a ticking time bomb. You should seal that thing in a lipo bag and dispose of it IMMEDIATELY. That thing is under a risk of explosion, and lipo explosions are pretty serious.

they may not honor the replacement because it was run over,read the refresh agreement,
Of course they will. The agreement as long as the broken unit is returned, a refurbished unit will be issued. You can even drown the thing in water.

A. if they would replace a crash in the water, why would they not
B. they don't know it was run over. It doesn't have tire marks. or anything. Its just smashed up.

Meh. Not to upset about it. I have several drones, phantom 4, Inspire 2, Spark, so I can keep working, but i have never had to use refresh. IF they are going to have to replace, why would I not send in controller and battery? I have no use for them. Battery is smashed too.
Oh btw, you should keep the RC, even if they send you another, now you have a spare. You can't really complain.

they don't know it was run over. It doesn't have tire marks. or anything. Its just smashed up.
Assuming they are still able to retrieve the flight logs, they will be able to see the damage did not occur while flying.

msinger. your not helping. The crashed happened after it hit a telephone pole. The unit went dead right after. They will have no way of knowing what happened after it hit the ground even if they could retrieve the logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980