DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do I send

Status
Not open for further replies.
and like my man Cyberpower mentioned. As long as the unit is returned, they will replace. After reading the agreement there is no stipulation in regards to damage incurred

Reactions: Kilrah
msinger. your not helping.
Not helping what?

If you're planning on lying to DJI about what happened, then you might be in for a fun ride. I'm sure they know what a drone looks like after is has been run over by a vehicle.

FWIW, I don't see anything in the DJI Care Refresh policy that states a drone will not be replaced if crushed by a vehicle. Then again, I've never heard of anyone getting a crushed drone replaced.

Assuming they are still able to retrieve the flight logs, they will be able to see the damage did not occur while flying.
But DJI Care Refresh is not biased towards that. You purchased an insurance policy from DJI, and from what they said you can atomize the Mavic, as long as you send the atoms back to them, you will get a new drone.
So the RC is not bound to a specific serial number?
Nope.

And I'm sure they know what a drone looks like after it crashes in the water, so whats your point. How is crashing and getting run over by a car any different than crashing in a lake?

Meh. Not to upset about it. I have several drones, phantom 4, Inspire 2, Spark, so I can keep working, but i have never had to use refresh. IF they are going to have to replace, why would I not send in controller and battery? I have no use for them. Battery is smashed too.
Meh. Not to upset about it. I have several drones, phantom 4, Inspire 2, Spark, so I can keep working, but i have never had to use refresh. IF they are going to have to replace, why would I not send in controller and battery? I have no use for them. Battery is smashed too.
Ouch. Road kill.

No kidding Capt. Lol. Whats you take on the Dji refresh stipulations?

Of course they will. The agreement as long as the broken unit is returned, a refurbished unit will be issued. You can even drown the thing in water.
perhaps you should read the refresh inclusions

My man Byron who owns Vivid Aerials says he has used refresh for some of the dumbest of instances. You can put it in a barrel and drop it off the Grand Canyon. IF you can retrieve it, they will replace it.

Direct from the refresh service agreement.

Exclusions
The service does not cover:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft and accessories.
2) Stolen or abandoned aircraft and accessories.
3) Damage caused by flight in unsuitable environments.
4) The remote controller or any accessories mounted to your aircraft.
5) Deliberate losses.
6) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the aircraft.
7) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
8) Replacement requests out of DJI Care Refresh’s period of validity.
9) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
10) Damage resulting from unauthorized circuit restructuring, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.
11) Damage resulting from using under-charged or defective batteries.

Direct from the refresh service agreement.

Exclusions
The service does not cover:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft and accessories.
2) Stolen or abandoned aircraft and accessories.
3) Damage caused by flight in unsuitable environments.
4) The remote controller or any accessories mounted to your aircraft.
5) Deliberate losses.
6) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the aircraft.
7) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
8) Replacement requests out of DJI Care Refresh’s period of validity.
9) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
10) Damage resulting from unauthorized circuit restructuring, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.
11) Damage resulting from using under-charged or defective batteries.
Conditions 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 are out since the aircraft is still in the owner's possession. 3 is out, I'm assuming the OP wasn't flying in fog as thick as pea soup. 4 is out because the RC isn't damaged. 6 is out because the entire aircraft is damaged. 8 is out because the DJI warranty hasn't expired, I assume. 9, 10, 11 are out since the damaged was caused by a crash and then subsequently a car. So the request is a valid.

Hilarious.... Yeah I deliberately f'd up my $1200 drone... Lol. For what purpose. To see if I could get it replaced? lol

Insurance policies normally have explicit exclusions. They need to be explicit and can't just decide what they will and won't cover.
They pay out according to the t&C's and are not in a position to do otherwise.

Damage by a vehicle after a crash sounds reasonable and I'd have no worries about it.

The ones most won't cover is deliberate damage or criminal damage.

Would you like to see some of the video to see if it was a "flight unsuitable enviroment"? lol. Check the weather for Nashville TN. yesterday. Sunny with clouds. Lol

I very rarely get on here, because there is always one guy in the forum who feels the deep need to be the voice of opposition. Not sure why that is.

of course,their called opposing opinions,just like theres always one that complains because of opinions that are different from theirs
works both ways

Yeah, but continuing to oppose even when their opinion has been shown to be wrong is just annoying

just responding to additional comments,if thats annoying then perhaps staying ones safe place is the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980