DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What happened to RAW?

SteveMouzon

Reactions
I flew my MaVic 3 yesterday for the first time in awhile, and the first flight was flawless. At the beginning, it notified me of a firmware update, but got stuck on 1% for awhile so I decided to wait til I got back to WiFi at the rental house. When the first battery ran out, I went back and ran the update, then went out to fly again. Just before launching, a warning popped up I didn’t understand, but it was orange, not red, so I decided to fly and see what happened. It was something like “your chip speed slowed down; change chips soon.“ Near the end of that flight, I fin found the zoom button and played around with zoom for a bit. I’m a complete newbie… this was my fifth or sixth flight. But I also noticed that whereas before it was shooting RAW+J, now it’s only shooting JPEG, and I couldn’t find a way to recover the RAW. So I aborted the flight and came back to the house to try to figure it out, but never could. It’s apparently some combination of the update, the chip speed warning (yes, I changed chips, but to no effect) and zooming (yes, I set it back to 1X) but nothing I’ve tried so far works. Any ideas?

I flew my MaVic 3 yesterday for the first time in awhile, and the first flight was flawless. At the beginning, it notified me of a firmware update, but got stuck on 1% for awhile so I decided to wait til I got back to WiFi at the rental house. When the first battery ran out, I went back and ran the update, then went out to fly again. Just before launching, a warning popped up I didn’t understand, but it was orange, not red, so I decided to fly and see what happened. It was something like “your chip speed slowed down; change chips soon.“ Near the end of that flight, I fin found the zoom button and played around with zoom for a bit. I’m a complete newbie… this was my fifth or sixth flight. But I also noticed that whereas before it was shooting RAW+J, now it’s only shooting JPEG, and I couldn’t find a way to recover the RAW. So I aborted the flight and came back to the house to try to figure it out, but never could. It’s apparently some combination of the update, the chip speed warning (yes, I changed chips, but to no effect) and zooming (yes, I set it back to 1X) but nothing I’ve tried so far works. Any ideas?
There is no RAW in zoom/explore mode. Make sure the Binocular symbol isn't lit up in yellow.

If the Binoculars are in white and you are in photo mode, then either you will see J+R at the bottom of the screen or you will be able to go into settings to enable RAW.

Thanks for sharing

Reactions: Saladshooter