DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What iPad?

agrs1974

Reactions
Ok we are getting my little girl a new iPad as we have the 2nd gen and it's on its last legs.

So... I can also use it with my DJI mavic ( had limited success recently with the Go app on Android)

I know it's probably been asked lots but what one should I go for?

Comments please.

Thanks

Ok we are getting my little girl a new iPad as we have the 2nd gen and it's on its last legs.

So... I can also use it with my DJI mavic ( had limited success recently with the Go app on Android)

Comments please.

Thanks
It'd be between the iPad pro or the new iPad.

The iPad mini 4 is more expensive than the new iPad and has worse specs and features.

Ones cheaper and less powerful the other is top of the line, same size, comes down to needs and price.

In the end even though the iPad mini 4 is the perfect size for the mavic controller, I wouldn't choose it because of the high price point for outdated specs.

Good luck!

Any of the Apple devices on this list can run DJI GO. Go with the fastest device that meets your budget for the best performance.

Budget is probably about the £300 mark. Just wanted to hear people's opinions ;)

Comments please.

Thanks

I recently purchased the iPad mini 4 which is perfect for my P3S and MP. I don’t use the iPad mining for anything else just flights. Not had and issues at all [emoji106]

It'd be between the iPad pro or the new iPad.

The iPad mini 4 is more expensive than the new iPad and has worse specs and features.

Ones cheaper and less powerful the other is top of the line, same size, comes down to needs and price.

In the end even though the iPad mini 4 is the perfect size for the mavic controller, I wouldn't choose it because of the high price point for outdated specs.

Good luck!
One thing to note (from somebody who just bought an iPad mini 4) is that you can pick a used one up for $200 on ebay and use it as a dedicated screen. If that's all your using it for it is excellent. Specs aren't really an issue AT THIS MOMENT.

Leaning towards the ipad mini 4 . It's smaller and don't want something too bulky. I am hearing you about the specs but. As long as it lasts.

My rule is to always get the fastest processor I can afford.

I also prefer the bigger screen of the 9.7-inch model, but that's a subjective decision.

I am using a Mini4, got it thru Apple refurbished, for about $300, Also use it to read news sites, play games. I got it because it fits into the RC jaws and doesn't cover up the RC screen. Have never has any problems with disconnects etc. I got the WiFi only since I have a iPhone it hotspot with if I need cellular and would use the iPhone if I want to fly Follow Me.
Za3Qi4vzQLem%uisLAvvzA_thumb_1216.jpg

I use the iPad mini 2 still and it has worked perfectly since I originally got the Mavic Pro and Now the air.

I purchased my iPad Mini 4, WiFi -128 GB (no Cellular) from Best Buy about a month ago (replacing a mini 2). Price "NEW" was $299, part of a sale/promotion just before the next iPads were announced. I added a glare reduction screen protection from BodyGardz for another $35. Super bright screen (compared to other iPad mini's and phone). I use a MavMount 2nd generation and I added an Anbee sunshade ( $9 on amazon ) to help cut the bright out on really sunny days. VERY happy with the setup, speed of response (no lag). The only minor inconvenience is having to Cache a map of the area I'm flying in. I only have to do this in preparation for flights in unfamiliar areas, which I do ahead of time anyhow when I look for NFZ's

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423