DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the best small Android tablet to use with the Mavic Pro?

Cool I'll look into that one thank you.
Has anyone used this one, I just came across it...
Amazon.com : Powerextra 8.0 Inches Tablet Monitor Sunshade Hood for DJI Mavic pro, Inspire 1/2, Phantom 2 3 and Phantom 4/4 Pro Transmitters, Fit for iPad mini 4/3/2, Samsung Galaxy 8.0 Tab S2/3, Nexus Tab 7/8 : Camera & Photo

On second thought, the one I found may not work, as it's very specific where the USB cord can connect. It has it dead center, where as on my tablet (Acer Iconia) it is located top right, which won't work.

Last edited:

$23.16 is my total on Amazon with shipping, found what looks to be the same on eBay for $16.67 shipped. The comments on the Amazon one says PGYTECH is the name brand and model number L168 which is for 8" tablets according to the details. They all look alike and I accidentally bought one for my phone like this.

Has anyone used this one, I just came across it...
I'm using it with my iFive Mini 4s. Fits perfectly, but I had to extend the notch for the USB connector and cut away a small area that interfered with the tablet's on/off button.

I'm using the Nvidia K1, but I think they are no more.
Zenpad S 8 Z580C-B1-BK 8 inches 32GB on Amazon. It's about $186.
--
- - Art from the Air - -
I have had the Asus Zenpad S 8 Z580C-B1-BK - 32GBin my basket on Amazon for a week. Have read a number of pretty critical reviews, calling this tablet "unstable" and "unreliable" with lousy customer support. Your experience has apparently been pretty good; how long ago did you purchase? Thanks for the advice!!

Did you get the iconia tablet?

I did, the app ran slow as heck for me, and crashed sometimes. Video was very laggy, I used it as a dedicated device for the Mavic, only had drone related apps on it. Its just not fast enough to run it right. Switched to an ipad air 2 10" (someone sold a brand new one in the box to me for $100 couldn't pass that up) and that ipad runs the app smooth as glass and never lags, never crashes the app. I've only encountered a single issue thus far (been using the ipad for a few months a least) and that was the ipad overheated one time on a long distance run I did - it wasn't real hot outside that day, but I think what happened was I started up DJI Go 4 at home to prefetch the map data (IOS doesn't let you download offline maps like Android) and left the app running, screen on etc, until I finally got to where I went fly. Otherwise the ipad runs the app perfectly. I realize this isn't an Android tablet, but if I didn't get that steal on the ipad my next move was to go for an NVidia Shield or a new Samsung whatever the latest fastest 8" tablet they make is, probably $300+. I wasn't gonna let a $60 tablet wreck my $1000 drone.

Last edited:
I have had the Asus Zenpad S 8 Z580C-B1-BK - 32GBin my basket on Amazon for a week. Have read a number of pretty critical reviews, calling this tablet "unstable" and "unreliable" with lousy customer support. Your experience has apparently been pretty good; how long ago did you purchase? Thanks for the advice!!

I've had a ZenPad Z580C since July this year, no problems so far using it with the Mavic Pro, aside from the recent generalised Android issue (now solved thank goodness) with DJi GO 4 ver 4.1.1800.
Great snappy little tablet, enjoy :)

Reactions: amstar
I did, the app ran slow as heck for me, and crashed sometimes. Video was very laggy, I used it as a dedicated device for the Mavic, only had drone related apps on it. Its just not fast enough to run it right. Switched to an ipad air 2 10" (someone sold a brand new one in the box to me for $100 couldn't pass that up) and that ipad runs the app smooth as glass and never lags, never crashes the app. I've only encountered a single issue thus far (been using the ipad for a few months a least) and that was the ipad overheated one time on a long distance run I did - it wasn't real hot outside that day, but I think what happened was I started up DJI Go 4 at home to prefetch the map data (IOS doesn't let you download offline maps like Android) and left the app running, screen on etc, until I finally got to where I went fly. Otherwise the ipad runs the app perfectly. I realize this isn't an Android tablet, but if I didn't get that steal on the ipad my next move was to go for an NVidia Shield or a new Samsung whatever the latest fastest 8" tablet they make is, probably $300+. I wasn't gonna let a $60 tablet wreck my $1000 drone.

**** where did you find that deal for the ipad? That's is beyond insane.

Reactions: cderoche
**** where did you find that deal for the ipad? That's is beyond insane.

A family member, who was given it as a gift from his workplace. He left it sit in the box for 6 months unopened. I asked if he was ever gonna use it, he said no. I offered $100 for it! He was going to just give it to me for free, and didn't want to take the money at all. I think it went for around $400 at the time. 128gb one
I thought the huge 10" screen was a bit unwieldy at first. Now I would likely never fly with a phone. You can see so much more. Worth dealing with the bigger tablet. I used a 7" one and that to me would be a bare minimum screen size. 8" might be best overall. A phone is good for portability just to fly wherever you are, don't get me wrong.

A family member, who was given it as a gift from his workplace. He left it sit in the box for 6 months unopened. I asked if he was ever gonna use it, he said no. I offered $100 for it! He was going to just give it to me for free, and didn't want to take the money at all. I think it went for around $400 at the time. 128gb one
I thought the huge 10" screen was a bit unwieldy at first. Now I would likely never fly with a phone. You can see so much more. Worth dealing with the bigger tablet. I used a 7" one and that to me would be a bare minimum screen size. 8" might be best overall. A phone is good for portability just to fly wherever you are, don't get me wrong.
**** that's nice.I want a tablet, but to expensive if I only use it for a drone screen imo. I gotta find a steal like that.

Huawei phones seem to working well with the Mavic judging by the Ascend thread. I have a P8 myself which also works great and the screen is brighter than my ipad mini 2.
I'm wondering if the Huawei tablets are as good. Anyone tried one ?
I'm quite interested in the 7" Mediapad T3.

Huawei phones seem to working well with the Mavic judging by the Ascend thread. I have a P8 myself which also works great and the screen is brighter than my ipad mini 2.
I'm wondering if the Huawei tablets are as good. Anyone tried one ?
I'm quite interested in the 7" Mediapad T3.

The 1GB of RAM I'd have to see it in action to believe it. If I were going the cheap route I'd look for minimum 2GB RAM. My Acer Iconia has only 1GB RAM AND has the highly touted MediaTek processor and it sucks. Can't even run a decent video game even though it only has 600p resolution like this one. I bought that Acer due to many people here recommending it and I wasted my money on it. Yeah I got it refurbed for like $65, but I could have put that on another battery pack maybe.
Gave it to one of my kids to play games on. That DJI Go 4 app is very demanding apparently. I didn't realize just how bad it ran on the Acer until I started using the ipad Air 2. No comparison. The Huawei phone probably is faster I'm guessing, seems like to get a fast tablet you need to spend almost $300. If someone has one that works great for less that's awesome consider yourself lucky. I even tried that brand new Amazon Fire HD tablet that just came out the 7 or 8 whatever one it is, it sucked worse than the Acer. Plus you have to go through lots of hoops to even get the Google Playstore on it. That tablet was $130 (bought for my kid). I'll never buy another Amazon tablet again ever, that thing is hot garbage.

Last edited:
That's a fair point. I hadn't considered memory. 1GB does sound a bit feeble.
Although the 8" version comes with 3GB so might be more capable.
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Google Nexus 7 2013.
Anyone using one of those ?
It has 2GB RAM and a 1.5ghz quadcore CPU.

That's a fair point. I hadn't considered memory. 1GB does sound a bit feeble.
Although the 8" version comes with 3GB so might be more capable.
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Google Nexus 7 2013.
Anyone using one of those ?
It has 2GB RAM and a 1.5ghz quadcore CPU.

I go for the 3GB 8" one for sure. I have heard the Nexus 7 with 2GB does fine although I can't say from experience. I understand also that not all RAM is equal. Especially on desktop PCs. I have 8GB of RAM on my old Dell Studio 540 (the max it can take) plus 2 hard drives plus an upgraded video card, and it still struggles to handle video from the Mavic. A new PC with 8GB of RAM is much faster than mine, I think mainly because the newer processor is much faster, and the RAM on the newer ones have higher bandwidth. On a tablet they don't give you as much info so its a little harder to figure it out. I'd stay away from anything with less than 2GB RAM and quadcore processor.

Reactions: Tas47
Best bang for the buck tablet, and maybe what is the best one overall? 7" or 8" screen... I don't have Apple products, just Android.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" Will this work?.. I fly a Mavic and a spark.. I have a galaxy Note 8 but want a bigger screen.
Is it possible to fly on a HDMI Monitor or maybe a laptop screen at the same time?... I know its a weird request.. but I use mine a lot for search and recovery... mostly stray animals( expensive ones) ... and its rather difficult if you have about 5 pairs of eyes peeking over your should on a small screen the whole time...

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" Will this work?.. I fly a Mavic and a spark.. I have a galaxy Note 8 but want a bigger screen.
Is it possible to fly on a HDMI Monitor or maybe a laptop screen at the same time?... I know its a weird request.. but I use mine a lot for search and recovery... mostly stray animals( expensive ones) ... and its rather difficult if you have about 5 pairs of eyes peeking over your should on a small screen the whole time...

Maybe there's a better way - but you can always live stream it on say YouTube, and pull up the live stream on a big smart TV, I've done that a few times... there is lag though, I think 30 seconds or more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum