DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the small yellow tag on the gimbel of Mavic Pro

KevinCooke

Reactions
What is the small yellow tag on the gimbel of Mavic Pro I aquired this unused drone from a friend and can't find a reference for it, Should it be removed?

Hi Kevin, welcome to the forum.
An unused M1P ?
Congratulations ! An awesome drone.

Still have mine in perfect order since 2017.

Hopefully the batteries were never taken out of new hibernation, and they are fine, if so you can fly for many years.
You found the online PDF manual for the M1P ? (< linked in bold)
That will help you get the full use from it.

Also look up the many great YouTube videos, unboxing videos (probably most will mention removing the gimbal protective tabs, ha ha), first flight videos, tutorials of all sorts, and menu functions etc.
Search YT for whatever takes your interest / needs above.

Your first drone ?
Or have you had other drones from DJI or other manufacturers ?

What is the small yellow tag on the gimbel of Mavic Pro I aquired this unused drone from a friend and can't find a reference for it, Should it be removed?
Yes it supposedly helped steady the gimbal during transportation from factory to new owner, cheers Len

Hi Kevin, welcome to the forum.
An unused M1P ?
Congratulations ! An awesome drone.

Still have mine in perfect order since 2017.

Hopefully the batteries were never taken out of new hibernation, and they are fine, if so you can fly for many years.
You found the online PDF manual for the M1P ? (< linked in bold)
That will help you get the full use from it.

Also look up the many great YouTube videos, unboxing videos (probably most will mention removing the gimbal protective tabs, ha ha), first flight videos, tutorials of all sorts, and menu functions etc.
Search YT for whatever takes your interest / needs above.

Your first drone ?
Or have you had other drones from DJI or other manufacturers ?
Thanks for the welcome. This is my first drone and flew it for the first time yesterday.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I have an MPP since 2018, and have replaced the gimbal about 5 times due to various crashes, etc. I have seen gimbals with yellow tags and red tags, but I have not noticed any operational differences between the two. My current one has a red tag on it.

I have an MPP since 2018, and have replaced the gimbal about 5 times due to various crashes, etc. I have seen gimbals with yellow tags and red tags, but I have not noticed any operational differences between the two. My current one has a red tag on it.

Some (most ?) of those are simply for scuff protection I recall.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaVVT