DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What kind of video did I shoot?

Jimck9

Reactions
My first day of flight last week when it was in the upper 60's in Delaware. I must have started recording video while trying to figure out how to get my M2Z up and down and around in beginner mode. One of the videos was around 2 GB in size for around two minutes of recording.Here's a screen shot from my Mac of the Movie info. Was I shooting in 4k, what is the clue that tells you that info?
Also, those file sizes were damned big for the little I was actually recording. If I'm only going to look at them on maybe a twenty-seven inch Mac monitor, would I be well served by shooting at a lower resolution?
Thanks for your help, I'm a total newbie to this...Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 6.57.11 PM.png

My first day of flight last week when it was in the upper 60's in Delaware. I must have started recording video while trying to figure out how to get my M2Z up and down and around in beginner mode. One of the videos was around 2 GB in size for around two minutes of recording.Here's a screen shot from my Mac of the Movie info. Was I shooting in 4k, what is the clue that tells you that info?
Also, those file sizes were damned big for the little I was actually recording. If I'm only going to look at them on maybe a twenty-seven inch Mac monitor, would I be well served by shooting at a lower resolution?
Thanks for your help, I'm a total newbie to this...View attachment 62830
Yes, 4k 30fps. You can count on ~1gig per minute in 4k. If you don't have a 4k display or are uploading to Youtube, might as well just shoot in 1080p.

Reactions: ff22
What is it that shows it is 4k? Is it the 3840 x 2160 number? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the H.264 is a flavor of Video encoding? One person wrote he preferred either the H.264 or H.265 cause he edited on a Mac?

What is it that shows it is 4k? Is it the 3840 x 2160 number? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the H.264 is a flavor of Video encoding? One person wrote he preferred either the H.264 or H.265 cause he edited on a Mac?
Yes, 3840 x 2160 is 4k, you'd choose 1920 x1080 for 1080p. H.264 is the encoding. Mac would probably handle either but it would depend more on the GPU. I shoot in H.265 but have to render in H.264 because my GPU can't handle 265.
If you record in H.265 you should be able to play it back on your computer as long as you have an HEVC codec for you media player.

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980