Any recommendations for 8" tablets that work, would be appreciated

Cheers

Reactions: Cw4bray
I just received my DJI Mini and when I tried to down load the DJI Fly app
I was informed that my tablet about 4 years old was not compatible

I really don't want to spend a lot right now

Any recommendations for 8" tablets that work, would be appreciated

Cheers

Just got a Samsung 8" Galaxy Tab A, model SM-T290NZKCXAR . On sale at Costco for $109. Had to sideload DJI Fly, so far seems to work fine.

Reactions: aforww
If you are not in the States I can recommend the Huawei media pad 5. Great screen that is quite bright, I find it so much easier than using my phone.

Reactions: Don Renaud
Just got a Samsung 8" Galaxy Tab A, model SM-T290NZKCXAR . On sale at Costco for $109. Had to sideload DJI Fly, so far seems to work fine.
I cant even get the Fly app to side load on my Samsung Tab A. It starts to load then fails every time.

Ipad Pro 11.

I've got a Samsung S2 t710 tablet, DJI Fly is not compatible, :( ... how do you "sideload"? Thanks for any advice.
It's inconsistent because DJI Fly with install and run on my Samsung Note 5 and that is the same vintage, annoying as hell...

The easiest way to narrow down your choices is specs. For android, has to be at least android 6 and has to be 64bit. That's it as far as I'm aware.

Reactions: Don Renaud
My Galaxy Tab A 8" has 2 GB RAM and it sideloaded fine (nothing too difficult, just have to make sure your tablet can load outside apps, go to DJI's website and download the appropriate .apk)
I have connected the tablet with everything and started up the drone inside/saw the camera feed, but haven't had a chance to actually fly it. Plan to do that tomorrow and post an update.
I think only the latest (290 series) Tab A will work. Not sure about the S2 - is it 64 bit with a 64 bit OS?

Reactions: mullern88
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones