DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What to do if... DJI do an "Apple" on you?

ThePaulius

Reactions
Spent a crap load of money for Christmas, paying full price for a MPP - confident that its going to be 'new' for a while as the MP was reduced only to have DJI release the Mavic Air less than a month later?

Oh, you too?

Not happy.

[emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90]

I'll just keep telling myself the MPP has the word pro in it and it's made of platinum...

Last edited:
I do not understand why people think this way. The MPP is superior to the MA in almost every way. It is like comparing a Chevy Cruse with a Cadillac CTS-V. Also, DJI releases a new quad everytime I fart so get used to it. :D Apple has a time frame they work with so you can plan, DJI not so much. There will always be a new and improved version coming out so if you wait, you will never buy. Get what suits your needs and enjoy it until it is time to get a new model. The MA is an improved Spark plain & simple. And nothing beats the Ocusync system your MPP uses, the Air uses WiFi. You are going to love your MPP as it is a fantastic quad and a number one seller for DJI.

Yup. The Mavic Air is not an upgraded Mavic Pro.

Have a brand new Ford F-150? Well guess what.... there's a new one with improvements coming out in 2019. This is life.
But the new Ford Focus is not an upgrade on your F-150. It may be newer, but it's not the same thing.

If the rumours turn out to be true, there may be a new Mavic (2) coming out at the end of March. Which you could have waited for. But then you wouldn't have a drone to use now.

I do not understand why people think this way. The MPP is superior to the MA in almost every way. It is like comparing a Chevy Cruse with a Cadillac CTS-V. Also, DJI releases a new quad everytime I fart so get used to it. :D Apple has a time frame they work with so you can plan, DJI not so much. There will always be a new and improved version coming out so if you wait, you will never buy. Get what suits your needs and enjoy it until it is time to get a new model. The MA is an improved Spark plain & simple. And nothing beats the Ocusync system your MPP uses, the Air uses WiFi. You are going to love your MPP as it is a fantastic quad and a number one seller for DJI.
Yeehaaaaaaa [emoji113]

Spent a crap load of money for Christmas, paying full price for a MPP - confident that its going to be 'new' for a while as the MP was reduced only to have DJI release the MP Air less than a month later?
Oh, you too?
Not happy.
[emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90]
I'll just keep telling myself the MPP has the word pro in it and it's made of platinum...

They are not comparable for many reasons.

Reactions: Sportsman22
Much shorter range
Lower flight time
Same sensor (albeit with better throughput)

the air is more a upgrade to the spark then any sort of upgrade to the pro.
while it has one or two interesting features it fails to really compete against the pro overall.

Reactions: Neebles and pixl
I have the MPP and LOVE it! I watched so many reviews on YouTube and there are very few things the air has that the MMP does not. Like the rest of the frequent fliers have said. Your comparing a mini me to the PP. The air only ups the spark. Still a DJI drone and can not go wrong with any of them!

I don't know why they called the Air a Mavic, to me it just was a little bigger Spark. they could have called it the Spark Pro or Spark Air and to me the name would be more appropriate. Maybe they were trying to market off of the Mavic's success.

Reactions: pixl and Kilrah
I don't know why they called the Air a Mavic, to me it just was a little bigger Spark. they could have called it the Spark Pro or Spark Air and to me the name would be more appropriate. Maybe they were trying to market off of the Mavic's success.
My thoughts exactly. Maybe they were trying to capitalize on Mavic's much larger base.

I think DJI expects the general public to automatically regard anything carrying the Mavic name as a sleek smart foldable drone and the Spark as small but not foldable.
Marketing psychology.

At the same time, any competition for the original Mavic Pro (like Autel EVO) is having a big problem. They now suddenly have to compete with a Mavic Air that is way cheaper than the Mavic Pro they were targeting.

Well, that type of marketing just gets my goat, (or bird). And those who are jumping from the Pro to the Air, expecting improvements and advancements to the Mavic line are getting disappointed. Of course, they should have done their research before buying, so I don't really feel sorry for them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18