DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What to do when selling Air 2.

MoToad

Reactions
Bit the bullet and bought the Mav3 Classic. Just wondering if there is a procedure to disassociating yourself from your old drone after selling. In my case, my Air2 which is, of course, registered with DJI. Do I go on there and ask for my personals to be deleted, or what?

OK. Thankyou for that. An with the second hand buyer I am assuming he would have to go thru the steps of binding it to him.
Basically making an account with dji and connecting the drone with his/her account in the fly app should do it. I Un bound my account from my MA2 in front of the guy when I sold it to him. I told him to basically do that and he never had any problem when he went home and did it. At least I'm assuming not since he never contacted me except only to say that he wanted to thank me and that he was having a great time with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: zeusfl
It may be that the second owner gains no benefit from binding. I bound a second hand mini and was able to use any DJI account I could log in to and any suitable controller to fly the drone with no restrictions.

Reactions: Capt KO
It may be that the second owner gains no benefit from binding. I bound a second hand mini and was able to use any DJI account I could log in to and any suitable controller to fly the drone with no restrictions.
It definitely has an advantage. You can fly across all of your devices because you are signed into the fly app. Should you not bind the device should it be stolen ar lost anyone can use it. Should you bind the aircraft to your account then using the aircraft will not work without the signin information.

Don't forget to remove it from your inventory if you have it registered to you with your appropriate agency. Here in the US it would be through the FAA and the DroneZone.

Reactions: Tufargon
It definitely has an advantage. You can fly across all of your devices because you are signed into the fly app. Should you not bind the device should it be stolen ar lost anyone can use it. Should you bind the aircraft to your account then using the aircraft will not work without the signin information.
I used different DJI accounts including an new account created on a clean phone, as such they/it were/was no different from a 'finder' using their phone.
Besides which, I think the 'grounding effect' is only available if you buy Flyaway insurance and I think that can only be bought once for a given drone. If correct then if the original owner had flyaway insurance the second owner can not buy it.

I used different DJI accounts including an new account created on a clean phone, as such they/it were/was no different from a 'finder' using their phone.
Besides which, I think the 'grounding effect' is only available if you buy Flyaway insurance and I think that can only be bought once for a given drone. If correct then if the original owner had flyaway insurance the second owner can not buy it.
That works only if not bound to an account. There are many threads with aircraft bound to an unknown account and the new owner cannot bind or use the aircraft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy