DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What was your drone before the Mini 2?

Quite a few self built FPV drones mostly 250 and 180. This is my first "camera drone".

I'm really liking it but while less stable I trust my FPV drones more not to do a stupid thing.

For one I am continuously providing input and corrections so it's easy to get into control regardless of orientation. With mini i can stop constantly adjusting all axis and focus on 1 or 2 that are needed and I sometimes do the wrong input when i get back to full control.

Also weird behaviour near no fly zones even with unlock.

But it is pretty stable. Quite capable drone. Obviously I miss the performance of my drones but it's not that big of a slouch. And it is much more quiet than my high KV flying bricks ;] So i can fly about without attracting unnecessary attention.

Love the solid connection even if input is a bit laggy.

Overall it's a shift in perspective for me but I really like it for what it does.

Reactions: CLAYB.7
Mavic Air 2 was first drone. Have flown it for about 8 months and am completely hooked. I just added the Mini 2 for hiking, backpacking and bikepacking trips. The smaller size and USB charging make it an ideal “field drone” for me.

Howard

I just recently bought the DJI Mini 2 despire owning the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Air 2 (my latest purchase before the Mini 2, actually). I also HAD the Autel Evo 2 which I have already returned (different story). Anyway, what was the last drone that you bought before the Mini 2 and do you consider it as an upgrade or just an alternative UAV?
I had a DJI/RYZE TELLO for my first DJI drone just to get my feet wet and I really did like that little bad dude for what it was and then I ended up selling it but before I did I ended up with buying a DJI SPARK and I finally sold the DJI/RYZE TELLO and I still have my DJI SPARK and I also had a DJI MAVIC AIR 1 in which I got from my DAD and I kept it for a while and ended up giving it back to my DAD after a while and he still has it and he also has a DJI MINI 2 which he flies more than the MAVIC AIR 1 and I still have my DJI SPARK but pretty much since I got my DJI MINI 2 I just don't mess with it cuz my MINI 2 has absolutely ruined me with all of these 25-27 minute flight times compared to if you are lucky to get a 10-12 minute flight out of the SPARK and yes I was running it in sport mode alot with both of them but all in all I am absolutely going to say that it is without a doubt A UPGRADE!!! GOD BLESS YOU GUYS✝️ AND YOU ALL ON HERE ARE ABSOLUTELY AWESOME WHAT A GREAT FORUM SINCERELY CLAY B.

My first was a Pro Vivitar. I got it from Walmart, lol!

Attachments

• 20210218_104352.jpg
    20210218_104352.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 20210218_104413.jpg
    20210218_104413.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads