DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What was your first Quadcopter?

My first was a kit-built Sky-Hero Little Spider 450. 4 motors, a DJI Nasa v2 gps and a Gopro hero 5 Session. Fully comparable to a DJI Phantom. Later upgraded to a Little Six with a Canon sx740hs with 20 Mpix and 40 x zoom. And then Yuneec Typhoon H, Yuneec Mantis Q, 4D4DD543-98E9-48E3-BD1D-A7FEAF5EE7D1.jpegD038FF63-1E3F-4A08-9C3C-BBDA0A45A7D3.jpegDJI Spark and MPP. The Little Six isn’t small at all with 580 mm cross center of motors and a great camera it’s my best drone so far.

Syma X5. Didn't even have a camera. Buddy had a Phantom which actually got me into purchasing a Mavic Pro in late 2016. Using cheap quads flying combat is still fun while trying to knock my buddies out of the sky. At our flying club, one of the guys talked us into pulling out our old Syma's to fly against each other. Funny to see folks with high dollar RC aircraft flying a 25 buck quad but it's really fun. Those Syma's are tough as nails even when they crash on the runway but unlike my racing quads, the Syma's are cheap to fly close combat with, and if one spins out of control, well they don't hurt you so bad if they hit ya. Took this pic with my Tello:

1576790975965.jpg

UDi HD7 that my wife bought me for Christmas ages ago. Promptly charged it and almost lost it. Takes a beating though and has taken a dip in a river or two and lived to tell the tale.
Then a Bugs 4W as my first GPS rig. Now I have the MPP. Might buy another Bugs and hope it works... it was fun and wont tear up the Mavic.....

I too had an Eachin. It proved to be unflyable. Even after much more experience with following drone purchases I would continue to try to fly it. It had an uncontrollable left to right yaw. Finally flew away (good riddance). Next was a Force 1. Followed by M2P and zoom, Air, and Tello.

Hubsan X4 (?) purchased about 5 years ago. Hadn't flown it for several years- got the batteries charged then got MPP fever ;)

The original phantom in 2013, about ten minutes flight time and no camera let alone app.
You read if the battery was getting low from a flashing light on the back of the drone, so getting to the controller limit and back was a matter of calculation. and not a little luck since the batteries were unpredictable too.

I had an original phantom, On The first models the left stick didnt return to the center position when you let go, It stayed where ever it was when you let go of it, You had to manually set your hover with the stick. It had just a hard mount for a gopro. Tons of vibration and jello in your videos. But it was a flying camera, I was hooked.

Reactions: old man mavic
Smya 5xc (Christmas gift from daughter and challenge to learn on), Parrot Bebop 2 (retirement present to self), Mavic 2 Zoom (retirement up grade) and recently a Tello for winter fun indoors.

Reactions: old man mavic
Parrot Bebop2 followed by an M2Z and P4A...Recently got an Inspire 1 with a Z3...I can’t wait to fly it but the weather is garbage here...
Bebop 2 was surprising, in that it is a powerful drone for it's size, flies like a bigger drone. A lot of fun to fly as well. I really enjoyed mine (it was my 2nd drone).

mine was a home made one with wood and a very basic fc board with basic control no stabilization whatsoever
but it was totally flyable and more stable than my 3d flybarred heli's
It was used for LOS 3d flying and crashing a lot

then I got a DJI flame wheel 450 with a dji Naza version 1 with a go pro original underneath and a fatshark analog 600mw 5.8GHZ FPV setup with really crappy fatshark teleporter goggles

then a
TBS discovery with Naza V1 updated to V2 with fatshark fpv
QAV500with DJI Naza V2
QAV540V2 with Naza V2 and 2 axis Getfpv gimbal
QAV400 with CC3D FC and fatshark fpv
,QAV 250 with CC3D Board and then a Betaflight board
Align M480 with a Z! tiny 3 axis gimbal and a DJI A2 flight controller
CINETANK with Naza V2 and fatshark fpv
Mavic Pro V1 with Dji RE goggles
Mavic Mini

The 1st one Taught me a lot about flying and orientation

I still have all of the others 9 all sitting around and getting flown occasionally there is something different flying something you have built and tuned especially the ones without gps or atti modes as these modes make you lazy

But what a lot of money I have spent doing it all

Hi My name is .............and I am a Drone addict !!!!! and have been for about 8 years now

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msporting