DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What would you compare the mini 2 with

Platinum 4 ever

Reactions
Anyone out there that just purchased the mini 2 .. and had some of DJI earlier releases. If so would you compare it to the spark. Or the air 1. I am mostly curious with the camera and videos. Thanks...

Um. Way beyond either of those. Just search youtube!

Reactions: NG Wildman
The most meaningful comparisons would be the Mini 1 and the Air 2.

The Mini 1 is significantly cheaper if you consider the price of the Fly More combo, which I consider a more useful comparison than just the basic box. However, you are sacrificing a lot of upgrades in comparison to the Mini 2.

In terms of capability, the Mini 2 is arguably closer to the Air 2 than the Mini 1. It far out-classes Spark and Air 1.

If so would you compare it to the spark
You can compare the most important specs here. Outside of what's listed there, here are a few other noteworthy things about the Mini 2:
  • It's a little more compact when folded up
  • The props are not removable (gotta protect them with something like this)
  • The remote controller conveniently holds a mobile device
  • The remote controller antennas are built into the mobile device holder (should never break)
  • It uses DJI Fly instead of DJI GO
  • DJI says it will be compatible with the Smart Controller in the near future

The most meaningful comparisons would be the Mini 1 and the Air 2.

The Mini 1 is significantly cheaper if you consider the price of the Fly More combo, which I consider a more useful comparison than just the basic box. However, you are sacrificing a lot of upgrades in comparison to the Mini 2.

In terms of capability, the Mini 2 is arguably closer to the Air 2 than the Mini 1. It far out-classes Spark and Air 1.
There is no one answer to this question. It completely depends on how you intend to use it. If you want a drone to record you hiking, skateboarding or anything like that the MM2 is not at all superior to the MA1 or Spark. If you don’t care about an action camera but want longer flight time, increased range and to not have to register the drone, MM1 or MM2 are better. Keep in mind, not having to register does not exempt you from following the rules so you must still keep the drone within your visual line of site so I’m not sure what the real benefit of the increased range is. If you truly want *real* portability, I have owned them all and am here to tell you that the MA1 is more portable than the MM because the MA1 (and Spark) can bee operated with a cell phone or no controller at all, unlike either MM or the MA2. Spark and MA1 are also better in the wind and have some obstacle avoidance (and use the more feature rich DJI Go4 software).

Either Mini is best comparable to heavy petting. They are a pleasurable first encounter but will inevitably leave you wanting more and your pursuits won’t end there. Not if you are going to touch all of the “bases” and take it all the way.

well its interesting that this question would pop up... just yesterday I had the mini2 and the Mavic Pro sitting on my kitchen counter and it became instantly obvious that the mini2 was/is a shrunk down Mavic Pro... while looking at them side by side I also thought to my self that if I was DJI and I wanted to bring out a new full size drone then I'd drop the Phantom and insert a scaled up version of the Mavic... it would be perfect... they could call it the Mavic MAX... it would have much larger motors, a new camera setup that could shoot in 360 movie and 8K is the resolution... this would be a easy project to pull off..

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
You can compare the most important specs here. Outside of what's listed there, here are a few other noteworthy things about the Mini 2:
  • It's a little more compact when folded up
  • The props are not removable (gotta protect them with something like this)
  • The remote controller conveniently holds a mobile device
  • The remote controller antennas are built into the mobile device holder (should never break)
  • It uses DJI Fly instead of DJI GO
  • DJI says it will be compatible with the Smart Controller in the near future
What do you mean the props are not removable? what happens if one breaks?

well its interesting that this question would pop up... just yesterday I had the mini2 and the Mavic Pro sitting on my kitchen counter and it became instantly obvious that the mini2 was/is a shrunk down Mavic Pro... while looking at them side by side I also thought to my self that if I was DJI and I wanted to bring out a new full size drone then I'd drop the Phantom and insert a scaled up version of the Mavic... it would be perfect... they could call it the Mavic MAX... it would have much larger motors, a new camera setup that could shoot in 360 movie and 8K is the resolution... this would be a easy project to pull off..

Interesting concept. And thanks for the side by side comparison

I don't have a Mini 2 but I do have a Air 2 and a Air1 and a Spark. I would only put the Mini 2 above the Mavic Air 1 because of the controller and the Fly App. Both of those are far better than what are on the Mavic air 1 ..but the Mavic Air 1 has avoidance front and rear..That's a big plus that can't be discounted and Active Track..a feature that is really only limited by your imagination as they say...and the Mavic Air 1 is a bulldog in the wind..very tenacious.
Please be aware that my opinion could be shaded by the fact that I am trying very hard not to buy a Mini 2.
Is the Mini 2 smaller than this?Traveling Air.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J