DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's the used market like right now for Mavic 2's?

Erikson

Reactions
I'm considering selling my Mavic Pro 2, just curious if now is a good time or not and if you guys have had much experience selling/buying used drones?

I think the best time to sell would be when the rumours of the Mavic 3 become concrete. I did sell my DJI Spark when I upgraded to a Mavic 2 Zoom, but I did find there wasn't a great demand at the time so had to sell it for less than I would have liked.

I think right now demand might be low because of the Covid situation.

Reactions: Erikson
Check out eBay. You can see what they've recently sold for there.

I've been looking at eBay recently for 2nd hand Mavic Pros.

One thing I've not seen on any listing, is any hard evidence of actual drone usage... i.e. the kind of information I can see about my own drone (see attached).

Is it unreasonable to ask to see this?
3f4ecc899f8a8e89ff646dd74d6c8611.jpg

sadly drones like cars ,lose a considerable amount of their value second hand ,this can also apply to the accessories ,that have been purchased ,but like cars that have a full service history that can be backed up with paperwork ,if people can see as in your case ,the flight records of the drone, then this helps to justify the price you are asking ,battery stats are a good example as well ,i sold my PH3 to a friend, and its important that you sell the drone,at the buyers risk ,in my case even though my friend knew me ,and had flown the drown to try it out ,i still had a bill of sale made out with a copy for each of us ,stating the price paid, what was being sold with the drone, and that there was no comeback on me if any problems arose after it was sold

sadly drones like cars ,lose a considerable amount of their value second hand ,this can also apply to the accessories ,that have been purchased ,but like cars that have a full service history that can be backed up with paperwork ,if people can see as in your case ,the flight records of the drone, then this helps to justify the price you are asking ,battery stats are a good example as well ,i sold my PH3 to a friend, and its important that you sell the drone,at the buyers risk ,in my case even though my friend knew me ,and had flown the drown to try it out ,i still had a bill of sale made out with a copy for each of us ,stating the price paid, what was being sold with the drone, and that there was no comeback on me if any problems arose after it was sold
Good advice there!

Reactions: old man mavic
I think the best time to sell would be when the rumours of the Mavic 3 become concrete. I did sell my DJI Spark when I upgraded to a Mavic 2 Zoom, but I did find there wasn't a great demand at the time so had to sell it for less than I would have liked.

I think right now demand might be low because of the Covid situation.
E-Bay is the way to go for me. They do take a small percent for the Pay Pal transaction. You are protected for any funny business in your sale. You can list as a bidding process. Go there to get ideas for asking price of similar set ups (like Fly More kit, ND filters thrown into the deal).

I have been watching this same market as I'm currently shopping for a Mavic 2 Pro, either used or new. I've been on Ebay long enough to spot sellers that I wouldn't trust for many reasons. I've been seeing M2 Pros selling for in the 1200 to 1400 range depending on what extras are included. A very lightly used one sold yesterday with DJI goggles for 1500ish. I've seen similar ones with fly more kit sell for about the same.

Reactions: i.kelly1963
I have been watching this same market as I'm currently shopping for a Mavic 2 Pro, either used or new. I've been on Ebay long enough to spot sellers that I wouldn't trust for many reasons. I've been seeing M2 Pros selling for in the 1200 to 1400 range depending on what extras are included. A very lightly used one sold yesterday with DJI goggles for 1500ish. I've seen similar ones with fly more kit sell for about the same.

I just a search for you on DJI refurbished products. Here is what I found. $1279.00! In my experiences I have had two refurbished products from DJI and both were like new products. One was from a Mavic Air 1 crash and one was from a MAvic 2 Pro gimbal problem. The refurbished products were undetectable from a new product in my experience. Go to DJI.com>discounts. At least you know you won't get ripped off by someone on eBay or worse.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 10.21.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 10.21.01 AM.png
    202.7 KB · Views: 15
As @DaleD says, eBay is usually pretty good. Look out for their '£1 Selling Fee promos' (one just been, probably not due for another 1-2 weeks now). That way you get to sell it (if it goes within within initial 30-day listing-period) for £1...as opposed to c. £130 ! Note the feedback-score of potential buyers/bidders. I sold my fully-working P3SE inc accessories etc for c. £400 as I recall. Buyer turns round and says after a week - not working, want to return. Eh :mad:o_O? ? Convinced her not happening - we/she eventually got it working with her Samsung phone and haven't heard anything since.

I have also bought used from Adorama, not drones but DSLR gear and it has been as close to perfect as possible. I have my eye on one from DJI refurbished now. lol

As @DaleD says, eBay is usually pretty good. Look out for their '£1 Selling Fee promos' (one just been, probably not due for another 1-2 weeks now). That way you get to sell it (if it goes within within initial 30-day listing-period) for £1...as opposed to c. £130 ! Note the feedback-score of potential buyers/bidders. I sold my fully-working P3SE inc accessories etc for c. £400 as I recall. Buyer turns round and says after a week - not working, want to return. Eh :mad:o_O? ? Convinced her not happening - we/she eventually got it working with her Samsung phone and haven't heard anything since.

I sold my Osmo Mobile 2 gimbal which pairs by Blue Tooth to the iPhone with DJI Mi Mo app. It was practically brand new. The buyer stated he couldn't pair it with his phone and insisted on a refund. I tried helping the buyer with a lot of time spent, but the buyer was simply too dumb to understand the concept of pairing blue tooth, and I was forced to give a full refund, plus my repeated shipping costs! I still own it, and it works fine! The point of this post is that the buyer is protected very well by EBay and once the buyer protested eBay put a hold on the payment.

Reactions: jag32266
I'm considering selling my Mavic Pro 2, just curious if now is a good time or not and if you guys have had much experience selling/buying used drones?
Hi, I am thinking about selling my air2 combo I only bought it just over a month ago unbox it set it up made sure all working only been meter of the ground then put it away , reason for sale is does not work with smart controller so now looking for a mavic 2pro which does work with sc let me know if you do decide to sell thanks rigsby.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf