DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's up with the Litchi app??

Litchi is based on the GO4 appi and uses most off the GO4 settings stored in your Mavic, so you must first have Go4 and set all your parameters first which are stored in Mavic then when start Mavic with litchi those settings are used by the litchi appi to set the parameters in the litchi app.
So yes as one has asked Go4 and litchi must be compatible in their versions and at one time Litchi had many problems due to Go4 appi not being compatible and had to wait till DJI fixed their appi release.
Although you are only running Litchi on your device you are still using most off the Go4 settings from your Drone that are previously set from the Go4 app.

How wrong can you go with the investment of $20,00
Just wondering
I asked DJI about warranty issues related to using Litche, Their reply "With your concern, if in your last flight you are using a third party app and your unit crashed, you will need to send the unit to our facility for repair. But once the unit has been evaluated and there is no way to retrieve your flight record since you are using a third party app you will be charge for the repair for the unit since there are no basis to check your flight record to see if this is a pilot error or unit malfunction." You can interpret that however you prefer.I guess if Litche really writes all of the same data as GO4, then it would not be an issue.

As far as I'm aware the same data is there, on the Mavic. DJI should have no concerns.

I believe the only time you need DJI Go is to change the initial settings out of beginner mode, and to enable the Multiple flight modes.. The reason I say that.. I originally started flying on an Nvidia K1 tablet. I then purchased an Ipad Mini 4. I used it for almost a year before installing DJI Go4 onto the Min i4. The only reason I installed it was because I wanted to hook up one of my other remotes to the Mavic and there is no way to set it up inside of Litchi.

since there are no basis to check your flight record to see if this is a pilot error or unit malfunction
No matter with what kind of app you are controlling your aircraft, there is always the onboard 'Black Box' which has all relevant flight data.
As long you have your aircraft in your hands after a mishap/crash, DJI can evaluate the data and will find out if there is drone malfunction or a user error.
If you lost your aircraft (fly away, ocean landing ...) then you might have a problem. DJI does not accept 3rd party flight records.

Reactions: Simmo
I like Litchi as opposed to DJI Waypoints. Unlike many others, I plan my flight Waypoints on my iPad as I prefer the touch screen on the iPad. Just hit save and it becomes available to all my devices

As far as I'm aware the same data is there, on the Mavic. DJI should have no concerns.
I asked DJI, because I have Refresh and I didn't want to give them any outs to honor the contract. As far as I am concerned if I am not using DJI software, they can refuse to repair.

So this may have already been addressed, but I didn't see it. I'm seeing conflicting opinions on this app...most are really good as it does a lot of great stuff. But now I am seeing that with the latest update people are hating it saying it used to be great! But now it's terrible!
I am looking or at least was looking to download this but now I'm just confused. Should I get this or not?
Anybody having good or bad luck with it?
Thanks!!!

I have used Litchi from the start, (about 1 year), and it has performed perfectly every time I have used it. Besides, it is not that expensive.

Luckily for you, if you loose connection, the Mavic will just hover (or RTH).
Most crashes are human related. I don't like Litchi but have bought it anyway. Don't use it much. Have also Flight Plan. Don't use that at all. Like GS Pro. Most DJI Go 4 and Autopilot

I was flying with Litchi this week. My MP was flying the preprogrammed route, at one point in the flight, I lost all connections with the MP, due to rising terrain, and numerous homes. I have to say I was worried, as I started heading in the direction of the MP, as I did so, I began to hear the MP flying overhead on it's was back to the take off. So, if you lose connection, it doesn't just hover, it finishes the mission, and RTH if that's what you told it to do.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eastoncrafter