DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When you take delivery of the Mavic. What next?

Mahoosiv

Reactions
So, I've been waiting for this thing to arrive for 2 months like most people and now it's here on my desk I get the strangest feeling!

It's very strange, almost a desire just to gaze at it, a little bit in disbelief (no matter how many videos I watched its still exceeded my expectations initially) and I have to admit - some trepidation about flying it is creeping in..

Anyone else had this experience? Now that its finally here - and after F5'ing for England all day, having a disastourous adventure with Hermes losing it in transit, not to mention not knowing if it would ever actually ship from Maplins - I'm actually happy just to sit and look at the box...

I got mine yesterday. Yes, even with my fleet of DJI birds, I too was a little intimidated. I put all batteries on charge and went to look at where the hell the data card was (note in what's in the box). That kept me busy. The rest was a methodical go through of every element/component and pre-flight list. I put my S6 in the holder and powered all up with props off and an update installed in under one minute. I do see that there is a new Firmware issued today, so I will go through that experience when I get home from work.
I flew two batteries yesterday, one with the phone in and one with just the controller. Very nice flying kit (as the Brits would say). I shot some video and ended up deleting all of it because there are a few things that it does differently from my Inspire 1. Forward travel with yaw and aileron in a wide banking turn does not make for a pretty video. I just need to fly it more like a phantom.
I do like it and I look forward to having at available (easy pack) for many spontaneous flights. That's where the good pictures and video come from.

Lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78