DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to fly in San Francisco.....???

Qoncussion

Reactions
So here's an Airmap of SF... I'll be heading there in a few weeks for business and hope to get in a few hobby flights. Can any locals recommend a few good places to fly? Specifically, I'll be staying on Lombard, and working in the Presidio. I know SF pretty well - just not the best places to fly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
df2507ab70b164443ddb890dd0ee075b.jpg

So here's an Airmap of SF... I'll be heading there in a few weeks for business and hope to get in a few hobby flights. Can any locals recommend a few good places to fly? Specifically, I'll be staying on Lombard, and working in the Presidio. I know SF pretty well - just not the best places to fly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
df2507ab70b164443ddb890dd0ee075b.jpg

Black Mama thinks that you should disconnect your device from the wifi and stop updating your database. Just fly in a not-too-busy area, San Francisco is basically a big NFZ anyways.

Black Mama thinks that you should disconnect your device from the wifi and stop updating your database. Just fly in a not-too-busy area, San Francisco is basically a big NFZ anyways.
Im flying NFZ-free. Just want some good suggestions on where to go, as some places would just be stupid to fly - nfz or not. Got any suggestions?

Yeah SF is tough w all the NFZ. If you have a car, Pacifica or Santa Cruz are always great locations.

Let me know what you find as I go to SF frequently and didn't bring the M2P this time.. but will in future.

Cheers

From looking at AirMap I think I would try to hit Lombard street for some long exposure evening shots.

9d7c6cdfde086ea8688caab3bb3948d4.png

Basically avoid the red zones. You cannot be inside of Golden Gate Park when you fly, but you can fly over after you take off. Be very careful flying over the ocean on the west side of town because some of that is wildlife protected where you cannot fly below 2000 feet or so. Most of the yellow helipad areas are not in use at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf