DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who Says There's a Mavic Pro II Coming?

Could be 3 items. A Phantom 4 with the FOC based motors and low noise propellers, think Mavic Pro Platinum. Two other items, one for the OSMO series products and 1 broadcast related thingamajig with large wheel like controls for precision focus and zoom.

This is one Twitter source ‪@OsitaLV ‬

Last edited:
Reactions: Inkeeper3
Hmmmm.... My track record on DJI products is pretty good (above average... i.e., more right than wrong). This is only because my predictions are drone industry business based.

As long as there are no political reasons affecting economics that would cause DJI to hold back on a release, you should see a DJI announcement near the release of the Autel EVO. I'd say May/June... but that is based on the knowledge I have today ref political, economic, drone regulaions, market demand in a price category.

Autel are attending a conference in Missouri today and have hinted that a release date for the EVO is imminent! I note that the sensor in their spec says 1/2.3".

DJI should stand up and fix all the crappy cameras on the current Mavic before they move on with a new model. Maybe the right thing to do would be to give us original Mavic customers a huge discount on a new Mavic if it has a real camera, or even better, let us trade them in.

DJI should stand up and fix all the crappy cameras on the current Mavic before they move on with a new model. Maybe the right thing to do would be to give us original Mavic customers a huge discount on a new Mavic if it has a real camera, or even better, let us trade them in.

While we’re at it, I’d like Lexus to give me a huge discount on my old model, because the new one has a better interior and faster 0-60 times.

Incidentally, as the camera seems to be the most critical decision making factor in assessing any upgraded Mavic, it's interesting to read the following:-

David Pogue of The New York Times states that "the actual sensor size is much smaller than what the camera companies publish – about one-third smaller." For example, a camera advertising a 1/2.7" sensor does not have a sensor with a diagonal of 0.37"; instead, the diagonal is closer to 0.26".

I wonder if DJI fall into the same category as digital camera makers? ;)

We do know that the Phantom V 2.0 will be out before the end of April, 2018. We know this, because papers showing the FCC approval of the 2.0 has a confidentiality agreement that expires by the end of April. So, all the guys who get freebie drones in return for glowing reviews can show those glowing reviews on YouTube no later than the end of April. Just say'n.

So, all the guys who get freebie drones in return for glowing reviews can show those glowing reviews on YouTube no later than the end of April. Just say'n.

Not really a fare comment IMO.

Not really a fare comment IMO.
Perhaps not fair on my part, I don't disagree. But you can bet they will all glow. Then later others will tell us about the software failures and such.

As mentioned in a previous post Autels new EVO is on the cusp of being released. DJI would love to eclipse that with the release of a Mavic Pro II. I think if at all possible you will see the new Mavic sooner than later.

Reactions: Maxheadspace
As mentioned in a previous post Autels new EVO is on the cusp of being released. DJI would love to eclipse that with the release of a Mavic Pro II. I think if at all possible you will see the new Mavic sooner than later.

My thinking has been that if they do actually have a Mavic Pro II, they will likely time it to be most destructive to Autel Evo sales. As stated above, Autel announced in January that they're coming out with the Evo, a sure competitor for the Mavic Pro.

As for the DJI announcement coming up on 28 March 2018, here's a prediction from January 2017 (more than a year ago) predicting imminent release of the Mavic Pro II:

DJI Mavic Pro 2 Release Date Rumors

NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) convention is April 9-12. DJI has a large booth (C2207) in the Central Hall- Acquisition and Production area.

What better place and time for maximizing publicity than amidst the media producers themselves?

I know a person ho works for DJI. He usely know when a New drone is about to get lunched ( like the dji mavic air, he told me 3 months in adcance) he told me " i dont think a Mavic pro II is coming in 2018, maybee in 2019, usely i know a long time om advance but I havent heard enything about å new Mavic

While we’re at it, I’d like Lexus to give me a huge discount on my old model, because the new one has a better interior and faster 0-60 times.
Thank gawd I didn't get double dinged and buy a Lexas too.

there's definitely a Mavic 2 coming.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147